The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Two CBs and a No 9 light, got to hope Murray is aiming a wee bit higher than the mentioned trialist names.

Absolutely but Mullen would be 3rd choice, which is fine, Paterson though could be an upgrade on Dick but Schiavone sounds like he should be no more than squad filler.

In the case of Paterson, and Schiavone in particular, it could be a case of two local lads who have just been released from their clubs contacting their local club to ask for training facilities for the preseason. 

It also lets Murray assess Schiavone and decide whether he's better than what we currently have.

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In the case of Paterson, and Schiavone in particular, it could be a case of two local lads who have just been released from their clubs contacting their local club to ask for training facilities for the preseason. 

It also lets Murray assess Schiavone and decide whether he's better than what we currently have.

It probably is just that but still leaves me with a feeling of dread that’s all

Raith Rovers are delighted to confirm that Iain Davidson’s testimonial brunch will finally take place on 31st July.  

‘Davo’s’ Testimonial committee are pleased to confirm the arrangements of the final event of his testimonial year, which has been disrupted due to Covid-19  4-Iain-Davidson-225x300.jpg

The event will take place at the Strathearn Hotel, with a meal on offer along with two after-dinner speakers in the shape of John Gahagan and John Rowbotham as well as hosting a raffle and other fundraising events throughout the day.  

The event will kick off at 12pm so we ask those attending to turn up well in advance for a smooth running of the event.  

Davo etched himself into the Rovers history books with his 14-year association with the club over two spells.  

His tenure saw the iconic defender turn out for the Rovers over 400 times and feature for his side in every division bar the Scottish Premiership, finding the back of the net 19 times before leaving Stark’s Park for the final time in 2021 as he joined Highland League side, Brechin City.  

Tickets for the event sit at £35pp and you can buy them here or by visiting the club shop at Stark’s Park, open from 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday.

More excellent content coming out of the club. Striking a nice tone. 
Been on the fence for weeks as probably won't make more than half the home games. So well played digital team - that's another one bought. [emoji122]

Now where's Cove...

7 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

More excellent content coming out of the club. Striking a nice tone. 

Got my first one in 3 years ordered, and my grandsons first ever one too.
Got a good feeling about the new season, now we got rid of Mr Staled Out McGlynn.

Look forward to the Murray revolution, taking us up the the Prem.

Thought the vid was a bit cheesy and might have been better if those that were interviewed was more random although acceptance that to get the vid out they needed to interview those easily accessable/connected to the club directly or indirectly

Queen’s still to announce prices, but for now we’re tied with Cove for fifth most expensive Adult season ticket in the league.

Dundee £350*
Morton £320 
ICT £311*
Partick £310*
Cove, Raith £300
Ayr £285
Accies £275
Arbroath £260

*Early Bird prices

Details: 

Starting to get the fear that it’s Ross  Matthews who will moved out.
No mention of him by the manager and a few tasty red cards from memory against Airdrie which Murray raged about at the time
To be honest a couple if seasons ago he was lauded as the new Callchan. For me he has flattered to deceive and is posted missing in games at times.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
15 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:
No mention of him by the manager and a few tasty red cards from memory against Airdrie which Murray raged about at the time

To be honest a couple if seasons ago he was lauded as the new Callchan. For me he has flattered to deceive and is posted missing in games at times.

Matthews is a bit of an odd man in working a lineup with Brown and Easton in. Stanton and Spencer seems the other likely top 4 mids, with Arnott and Matthews left holding the bag, if you assume Murray likes his signings. Stanton got mentioned by Murray, Arnott is young, Matthews was not really mentioned.

18 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thought the vid was a bit cheesy and might have been better if those that were interviewed was more random although acceptance that to get the vid out they needed to interview those easily accessable/connected to the club directly or indirectly

I was told they flew out to Canada but the boy wasn't in.

17 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
15 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

I agree, a committed midfielder but doesn't have that telling pass, doesn't score enough and not really box to box. May not fit in with Murrays style. I can see Murray starting with Spencer, Brown and Stanton 

The first one was just a supporter of the club. He actually posts on here.

The second one, I’ve no idea who they are so they might be connected to the club in more ways than just a supporter.