The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
16 minutes ago, renton said:
The Colin McGowan Derby this year, then.

The lad who ran down the stairs to do the "haud me back" at Ben Williamson should ensure there's at least some entertainment.

That was a good laugh. Especially the boy who launched an empty coffee cup, on a windy day. Most inefficient throwing of a missile since GOB tried to throw Michael's letter into the sea. 

59 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Fixtures announced and our first game is away to Cove.

First home game the following weekend against Dundee.

Home to Morton on Xmas eve, away to Hamilton on 2nd January.

Last game home to Partick on the Friday night again.

Full fixture list

https://www.raithrovers.net/rrfc-news?id=55023

I would expect the Christmas Eve fixtures will be moved to the midweek after.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would expect the Christmas Eve fixtures will be moved to the midweek after.

So they can be more inconvenient than a Saturday afternoon and not give the players a day or two off for Christmas?

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Fixtures announced and our first game is away to Cove.

First home game the following weekend against Dundee.

Home to Morton on Xmas eve, away to Hamilton on 2nd January.

Last game home to Partick on the Friday night again.

That’s a shame. I’ll miss the Dundee game. I was hoping we’d have them at home first game.

When you look at the fixtures - Dundee apart - it’s a fairly unattractive list on paper. Scandalous to say it, but I miss the Pars. 

Sure it’ll be fine.

Who is making the trip to Cove for the opening game?

33 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Superb bit of work. I’m sure they speak for all of us. 

Apart from Jim Foy. He doesn’t seem to want to even speak for himself.

Edited by Enigma

The 3 trialists in training looks to be Paterson, Schiavone (ST) and Mullen (GK). Mullen in just to keep sharp and train as he has trials with Southampton and Sheffield United. Schiavone another Kirkcaldy born boy, 19 years old, who was at hearts but looks like he’s been released. 

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Apart from Jim Foy. He doesn’t seem to want to even speak for himself.

Twitter version had to be cut to under 2m 20 to fit their rules 😩. Had to make some changes from the original which is on Facebook and YouTube and has everyone on it. Big thanks to everyone who came down. Got some good footage that will hopefully be used in the coming weeks by the club.

20 minutes ago, Roverss said:

The 3 trialists in training looks to be Paterson, Schiavone (ST) and Mullen (GK). Mullen in just to keep sharp and train as he has trials with Southampton and Sheffield United. Schiavone another Kirkcaldy born boy, 19 years old, who was at hearts but looks like he’s been released. 

Bit disappointing tbh schiavone isn’t ready to lead our front line in the championship after 1 goal for Dumbarton 

Sound the @Jan Vojáček horn.

A brief search of Schiavone's name seems to suggest his 0 league goals in half a season in League One is underselling his abilities somewhat. The Dumbarton fans seemed to rate him higher than Stevie Farrell did, albeit as a supporting striker rather than an out-and-out number nine. 

Probably not a great sign that he spent the second half of the season at Gala Fairydean, although I can't find anything to suggest how he got on there. 

7 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

A brief search of Schiavone's name seems to suggest his 0 league goals in half a season in League One is underselling his abilities somewhat. The Dumbarton fans seemed to rate him higher than Stevie Farrell did, albeit as a supporting striker rather than an out-and-out number nine. 

Probably not a great sign that he spent the second half of the season at Gala Fairydean, although I can't find anything to suggest how he got on there. 

Couldn’t find anything about his time at gala either but be very disappointed if we signed him considering we have enough young players who we are looking to move out on loan/ currently not playing like Mitchell, coulson, young . We need an experienced striker 

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

He might have got a lift.