The New Raith Rovers Thread

Shame to see both away. Frankie in particular took a gamble by moving up here (obviously, we did the same by signing an unknown quantity) but now he's picking up caps for Zambia. Tumilty has done well for us and it'll be a shame we won't have nearly as strong an attacking presence down the wing. His efforts for the third goal at Rugby Park in the first league match down there was tremendous (particularly given he absolutely ruined Daniel Armstrong).

Tumilty was an understated but excellent signing and showed his value to the team throughout his 2 seasons here. He seemed to really buy into McGlynn’s team ethos and had a great rapport with the fans. Don’t begrudge him trying his hand elsewhere and hope he ends up somewhere decent.

Same goes for Musonda. Looked a class act especially in his first season but was prone to some iffy displays last year. Shame he never really got a proper run in the same position but kudos to him for his international call-up. Be good to see him make another step up at club level.

Aye, all the best to them both. Looking at the squad, we'll still be a couple of bodies light when the season starts. Don't think Vaughan and lang will be back straight away, depending on how they are recovering.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Seen Frankie's wording in his goodbye tweet? "Looks like my time at Raith is up."

Sounds to me like it might not be his choice.

Yeah I thought it was an odd choice of words. Perhaps we couldn't agree a deal as opposed to it being a hard no from him.

16 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Yeah I thought it was an odd choice of words. Perhaps we couldn't agree a deal as opposed to it being a hard no from him.

Pretty sure we were still paying for his digs too.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray saying we are looking to sign another goalkeeper and that we are heavy in midfield. 

Can I ask where you seen this about? Not seen anything to do with that and does that possibly mean Bow or Thomson are away? 

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Surely not? This doesn’t make a lick of sense. 

It does if one of our ‘keepers is on his way out. I noticed Robbie Thomson is still on his holidays.

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It does if one of our ‘keepers is on his way out. I noticed Robbie Thomson is still on his holidays.

Max Currie is still without a club…

Thomson might want away for a variety of reasons, he seems more focused on his coaching, maybe he wants to spend more time doing that, if he does want away and we can get another guy in easily (and somebody who might actually be a better back up) I don’t see the controversy.

Edited by Enigma

Thomson might want away for a variety of reasons, he seems more focused on his coaching, maybe he wants to spend more time doing that, if he does want away and we can get another guy in easily I don’t see the controversy.

Max Currie signed for Queen of the South a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Thomson might want away for a variety of reasons, he seems more focused on his coaching, maybe he wants to spend more time doing that, if he does want away and we can get another guy in easily I don’t see the controversy.

I’m sure Currie signed for queen of the south last week 

I said a couple of weeks ago that I heard that Bow was looking to leave. Came from a good source. I'm assuming Murray wants 3 keepers which makes sense especially with McDonald not getting any younger, Thomson a coach and injury prone.