The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, spot on said:

Killie had him for three years he couldn’t have been that bad if they kept on giving him contracts 🙄

His dad was the coach there and he barely played in the first two seasons, got a few more games in the final season and wasn't rated. 

If yous didn't like Dick yous won't like Millen, never seen a fullback so afraid of running with the ball. 

Well, having been pleased with the business so far, I suppose it had to get underwhelming at some stage. 

I think you'd be incredibly hard pressed to argue that Millen is an upgrade on RT, although of course that was always going to be a tall order. 

Good to get the business done early, too. Just a centre half to come in before we could put out a reasonably solid eleven. 

Pars and Killie fans seem like they don’t rate him at all, same with a few rovers fans this could be one of those signing where it’ll split the fan base 
Pars had him 7 years ago. Any comments from them are a little out of date, if not wholly irrelevant.

Been scrolling through the twitter and some people are saying why Killie fans don’t rate him was because of his father being an arse apparently and that Millen made a few mistakes and gave away a few goals (which everyone does) 

but we can’t judge him until we’ve seen him in a rovers shirt and if he keeps injury free and with a run of games and learns from Berra we will never know how this will turn out 

30 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Like all new signings I'll give him the benefit of the doubt initially.  Don't recall ever seeing him play so have nothing to go on ATM.

On a side note we now have 2 guys in the squad whose dad also played for us. Have there been any other fathers and sons who have both played for us?

Bobby Wilson was our manager, his son Barry then played for us

Millen has done incredibly well to forge a career in football. Just couldn't see anything in him as a footballer in his time with us. He has managed to squeeze out the very best of what little  footballing ability he has. I applaud him for that.

Edited by Chubbychops

Not expecting a world beater but we've had plenty of signings before who have come in to reactions of frustration only to do really well. The main concern I've got is that he's coming in on the back of an injury hampered season down south. It's a two year deal, so Murray clearly has faith that he won't have any issues. 

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Millen has done incredibly well to forge a career in football. Just couldn't see anything in him as a footballer in his time with us. He has managed to squeeze out the very best of what little  footballing ability he has. I applaud him for that.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he's 7 years on from when the Pars had him

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not expecting a world beater but we've had plenty of signings before who have come in to reactions of frustration only to do really well. The main concern I've got is that he's coming in on the back of an injury hampered season down south. It's a two year deal, so Murray clearly has faith that he won't have any issues. 

The reactions have mainly come from the Killie fans tbh, they don’t like him said by a few people because of his father apparently he’s a right C.U.N.T and so is Ross according to them 

I would take very little from what Dunfermline fans say about him. He last played for them 7 years ago and broke into the team as a kid. Players develop a lot with experience and games. I'd be more interested to see the reactions of Scunthorpe fans or Killie fans minus the dad issue. Going by past media reports Killie were keen to retain his services before he went south. 

The reactions have mainly come from the Killie fans tbh, they don’t like him said by a few people because of his father apparently he’s a right C.U.N.T and so is Ross according to them 

No, he was rubbish regardless of his dad being a p***k. Maybe we were spoiled by having O'Donnell for the three previous years, but the drop off was ridiculous and he played a huge part in us getting relegated.

I reckon despite how irrelevant you think Dunfermline fans opinions are, you'll find them to be startlingly accurate. 

Football fans are fickle creatures, if Dunfermline fans were saying he was decent seven years ago you'd have Raith fans hanging there hat on that. Likewise if Killie fans said he was decent those opinions would be held as fact. 

As it is he's pish, its not like he's racked up a huge amount of games since he's left Dunfermline, he scudded about the lower tiers before some nepotism got him a move, one he got a regular run of games at that level he was miles out of his depth. 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Was at starks park today to get my nephew his season ticket and saw a few players one of them never seen before (could be trialist) wearing the No4 training kit, never take the training numbers as gospel, just a bit of info, it wasn’t Millen or Paterson as I would’ve recognised them 

Did he have a mad stare and look like he'd gladly cripple his gran in a 50/50?