The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It seems to be increasingly common. I don't know if they're being utilised more often or if teams are just publicising them more (for whatever reason?) but it does seem odd. Morton have just announced four pre-season friendlies, three of which are behind closed doors. 

Is it maybe a case of being able to use "looser" rules than an official friendly? Unlimited trialists or rolling subs or whatever? I've no idea what the rules are but it does seem odd to be turning paying punters away. 

Aye that is strange, yes it’s pre season but that extra bit cash coming into clubs could be helpful 

41 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Probably be the 1 signing today as Murray did say he was expecting one today or yesterday obviously things can change still 

Yeah looks likely, Brody Paterson also been in training since Saturday. 

Was at starks park today to get my nephew his season ticket and saw a few players one of them never seen before (could be trialist) wearing the No4 training kit, never take the training numbers as gospel, just a bit of info, it wasn’t Millen or Paterson as I would’ve recognised them 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Was at starks park today to get my nephew his season ticket and saw a few players one of them never seen before (could be trialist) wearing the No4 training kit, never take the training numbers as gospel, just a bit of info, to say it wasn’t Millen or Paterson as I would’ve recognised them 

Pretty sure we will have a few trialist’s in at this time of year but it’s always exciting spotting a face you don’t know 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What is the deal with this Millen character, its gone down like a shite sandwich on the twitters 

Fair to say Killie fans don't like him.

Like all new signings I'll give him the benefit of the doubt initially.  Don't recall ever seeing him play so have nothing to go on ATM.

On a side note we now have 2 guys in the squad whose dad also played for us. Have there been any other fathers and sons who have both played for us?

Edited by AllanJM

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What is the deal with this Millen character, its gone down like a shite sandwich on the twitters 

Pars and Killie fans seem like they don’t rate him at all, same with a few rovers fans this could be one of those signing where it’ll split the fan base 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Pars and Killie fans seem like they don’t rate him at all, same with a few rovers fans this could be one of those signing where it’ll split the fan base 

Killie had him for three years he couldn’t have been that bad if they kept on giving him contracts 🙄

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Like all new signings I'll give him the benefit of the doubt initially.  Don't recall ever seeing him play so have nothing to go on ATM.

On a side note we now have 2 guys in the squad whose dad also played for us. Have there been any other fathers and sons who have both played for us?

The Hislops.