The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

With regards to Paterson, I’m sure he has a year to go on his deal with Selick. Based on that, and that fact we have Dick (I know, no where near good enough & the fact teams, Ayr in particular, targeted him as our weak link) and Young, I doubt we’ll be paying a fee for Paterson. Especially when there’s a hefty fee getting paid out this summer.

Defenders to be announced, I reckon it’ll be a RB and/or CH, since that’s what we need.

It is refreshing to have a bit of excitement circling transfers where you have no idea who the player is.

I think he got released from Celtic along with the guy who played with Queens Park Connell I think it is, Paterson confirmed at the playoffs that he would be leaving Celtic and never got offered a deal so we won’t need to pay compo and he’s defo out of contract 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

21 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

In the nutmeg clip you can hear them shouting ‘Tony’ at the end… wonder who that could be?

I think it's "Twenty"

Murray was probably asked how many midfielders he planed to run with next season.

11 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think he got released from Celtic along with the guy who played with Queens Park Connell I think it is, Paterson confirmed at the playoffs that he would be leaving Celtic and never got offered a deal so we won’t need to pay compo and he’s defo out of contract 

That's correct.

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Even if we did sign Paterson, there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's any better than Dick.

If you take these things as any use (which I understand many won't and will laugh at it), then...

Dick.thumb.png.fc09961de7b88058bf0ec4c3b61c4ff7.png

You'd be trading in a defensively sound FB who doesnt contribute to creating chances, for a FB whos weaker defensively but will add a lot more in terms of setting up others.

I don't know if Dick is a goal threat from open play or set plays to talk about that difference tbh, and I've no watched either to say how fair these are.

If you take these things as any use (which I understand many won't and will laugh at it), then...

You'd be trading in a defensively sound FB who doesnt contribute to creating chances, for a FB whos weaker defensively but will add a lot more in terms of setting up others.
I don't know if Dick is a goal threat from open play or set plays to talk about that difference tbh, and I've no watched either to say how fair these are.
This is the most Tx post not posted by Tx that I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends what Murray is looking for and how he sets up the team, maybe he won’t want a rampaging full back like tumility or kmac and wants a defensively sound stay at home defender and let our midfield/forwards provide the goal threat or he is getting Paterson on a good deal and be daft not to have decent competition for dick to keep him on his toes and offers something different to if he wants to play wingbacks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:
14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the most Tx post not posted by Tx that I've ever seen.

😂😂👍🏻

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems as though Paterson would've suited our style last season better. Not sure how Murray will have the full backs playing this season but it would be useful to have a different option to Dick available, although only if the budget allows and most definitely not at the expense of a right back or centre back. 

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Christ. I think I carried the ball further than Liam Dick last season, by virtue of fetching a stray shot that was launched into the stand at Hamilton. 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Seems as though Paterson would've suited our style last season better. Not sure how Murray will have the full backs playing this season but it would be useful to have a different option to Dick available, although only if the budget allows and most definitely not at the expense of a right back or centre back. 

We will not sign a left back over a right back or centre halfs. If Paterson does sign we will still a right back and another 2 CHs. 

We will not sign a left back over a right back or centre halfs. If Paterson does sign we will still a right back and another 2 CHs. 

Didn’t realise we couldn’t a RB, CB and a LB. No need to sign a no.9 as well as Tx probably thinks Dick can do a job there…

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Signing an attacking left back and keeping a defensive left back who can also act as a back up centre half isn’t the worst idea in terms of tactical flexibility 

Dick could well be used as cover in the same way musonda was last year all be it a downgraded version. 

Thing is we don't know how Murray wants to play and he might not either until he's had a few friendlies bearing in mind he has inherited most of these players and he will have to work with what he's got to an extent. 

This is just my opinion, signing Paterson makes sense and I’ve looked where’s played he can play at both full back positions so do we sign him as that versatility type signing i think we could, make him first Choice LB and bring in this Millen if he is signing and if he gets injured shift him to RB.

obviously Murray knows him better than all of us and he think he can come in and does what Murray wants then so be it