The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'd like to see another left back come in, but it doesn't really chime with Murray's "tight squad" ethos. 

Murray did say that the squad would swell over the next few weeks to bigger than it’s ever been… or words to that effect. 

Everybody talking about the budgets. We need to replace the forward positions and Centre half positions. It’s getting the right balance that’s key. If we don’t because of constraints then we have a real problem. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

Everybody talking about the budgets. We need to replace the forward positions and Centre half positions. It’s getting the right balance that’s key. If we don’t because of constraints then we have a real problem. 

I'm sure the club and manager are fully aware where they need to strengthen. We currently have one fit centre half, I'm sure that a priority will be to get 2 in. Forward wise we do have players that can play up front but again I'm sure they will be aware that we need a proper number 9. 

I get that completely, this makes sense if Young goes out on loan and Paterson comes in as first choice 

I’d suggest it might be better to let Dick go. Get a better LB in (who fits more with Murray’s style) and tell Dick he’s not likely to play much and hope we can offload him. No point paying his wages to sit on the bench and barely play then use a emergency loan if a new LB is hit with our curse.

Someone else on here was banging on about Paterson every 5 minutes, hard to tell which rumours get onto P+B from the real world or if they start here and percolate into the wild.
You wouldn't think a left back would be priority, but who knows.

He’s definitely training with us at the minute.

I don’t think I’m as against Liam Dick as a lot of people but competition in an area we are considered quite weak in can’t be a bad thing.

Dick might be better in a different system. He never gave me the massive fear defensively but didn’t fit in well with McGlynn’s overlapping wingbacks approach. We conceded too many goals though so perhaps Murray will want a more rigid, less offensive back 4 to shore things up, in which case he might work out alright.

4 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I heard it from a friend of a friend not here, he is a Kirkcaldy lad and Mcglynn looked at him as well. May mean dick is maybe a cb as well as lb and gives competition but probably young going out on loan then 

Dick can play across the back…not ideal at RB, but…

Dick can play across the back…not ideal at RB, but…

He can’t play LB if we’re seriously wanting to go up never mind anywhere along the back. He’s okay defensively and poor going forward, also lacks pace. Sadly he’s not the calibre we need if we’re to compete.

47 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

You can keep repeating that as often as you want, it doesn't make it true. 

Let’s be real here Liam Dick is a championship relegation fodder/League 1 level Left Back nowhere near good enough for top end championship and there was reason why he wasn’t McGlynns first choice from what I’ve seen anyway on socials etc 

With regards to Paterson, I’m sure he has a year to go on his deal with Selick. Based on that, and that fact we have Dick (I know, no where near good enough & the fact teams, Ayr in particular, targeted him as our weak link) and Young, I doubt we’ll be paying a fee for Paterson. Especially when there’s a hefty fee getting paid out this summer.

Defenders to be announced, I reckon it’ll be a RB and/or CH, since that’s what we need.

It is refreshing to have a bit of excitement circling transfers where you have no idea who the player is.