The New Raith Rovers Thread

I had a couple of folk disagree on twitter with this,  but I think a freshen up with the management side of things was needed. Yeah, mgGlynn Is a good guy and we appreciate what he's done in his 2 spells, but for Me he's sadly falling into the "football dinosaur" bracket.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I had a couple of folk disagree on twitter with this,  but I think a freshen up with the management side of things was needed. Yeah, mgGlynn Is a good guy and we appreciate what he's done in his 2 spells, but for Me he's sadly falling into the "football dinosaur" bracket.

Really? The guy pretty much reinvented his whole style between his two stints managing us. 

I don't disagree that a change was probably needed with one thing and another, but I wouldn't say it was because a 'dinosaur'.

😂😂

Any manager over the age of 55 or with a baldy heed just gets called a dinosaur these days. Guy is anything but.

45 minutes ago, philpy said:

Mcglynn completely reinvented his entire management style, far from a dinosaur.

That said,a change was certainly needed and I'm happy with how things have progressed thus far.  Mcglynn is a better fit for Falkirk than he is for the Rovers.

Edited by CALDERON

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray seems to have parted on decent terms with Airdrie and obviously knows their new management team well. 

If we were to send anyone out on loan to a league 1 team it's more likely to be them than anyone else I would guess. 

Seems plausible.

7 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Agree, and in addition to this I don’t think Falkirk is the sort of environment we want to be sending our young lads to.
Might be a bit better with McGlynn at the helm but it’s been a basket case of a club for a few seasons, and the expectation and pressure to get promoted means the fans are on the players backs.
Not a good environment for young guys to develop.
The obsession with sending players there just because McGlynn is there now can get in the sea.

Disagree, simply because JMcG knows the players and believed in them. Better chance they play, too bad it’s Falkirk.

Was watching Murray’s interview there saying a Defender will be in Monday/Tuesday then another 1 later on in the week, IMO I think we still need another CH to come in whether on loan/permanent until Lang is back he also mentioned a few things about strikers as well.

he also said about the squad and putting it down to size he wants and also about players possibly leaving the club he said that he won’t make a decision until after pre season on that front….. 

also club captain it looks like it won’t be Berra as he doesn’t want him to have to many roles at the 1 time interesting times ahead over the next 4/5 weeks 

Decided to give up on that abomination of a 'performance' from Scotland and watched Murray's interview instead. 

All sounded very positive and good to know that he's close to getting a couple of defenders in. 

Was looking for any unfamiliar faces in the footage shown from training but couldn't see any. Spencer not in until Monday and didn't notice Vaughan either. Not sure if he's back from holiday yet or just not quite ready. 

I’d be quite concerned about my place in the squad if I were Ross Matthews. We’ve now got him, Stanton, Easton, Spencer and Brown for two centre mid positions.  I don’t see the signing of Brown as entirely necessary, all things considered. I’ll admit I have seen very little of him so no idea how he will be used, but given Murray has made him one of his first signings you’d like think he will be higher up the pecking order than Matthews. As an experienced player for us now, I’m sure how he will feel about being potentially left out the side. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’d be quite concerned about my place in the squad if I were Ross Matthews. We’ve now got him, Stanton, Easton, Spencer and Brown for two centre mid positions.  I don’t see the signing of Brown as entirely necessary, all things considered. I’ll admit I have seen very little of him so no idea how he will be used, but given Murray has made him one of his first signings you’d like think he will be higher up the pecking order than Matthews. As an experienced player for us now, I’m sure how he will feel about being potentially left out the side. 

I am wondering who will miss out as well and given he knows Stanton from hibs, signed Easton, brown and Spencer then yeah I’m sure matthews has thought this as well, suppose we will see how next few weeks pan out

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Decided to give up on that abomination of a 'performance' from Scotland and watched Murray's interview instead. 

All sounded very positive and good to know that he's close to getting a couple of defenders in. 

Was looking for any unfamiliar faces in the footage shown from training but couldn't see any. Spencer not in until Monday and didn't notice Vaughan either. Not sure if he's back from holiday yet or just not quite ready. 

I think it’s late July/August until Vaughan is fully fit to go back into training or I could be wrong and he’s back earlier than that 

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Possibly, but I'm sure Murray still remembers that Ross Matthews was twice the difference between Rovers and Airdrie in 19/20, scoring the only goal in two of our 1-0 wins over them.

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

That mention of two defenders potentially joining imminently is intriguing, because unless I've missed it, I don't think there's been any specific names rumoured, even vaguely, that we might be interested in. 

Anyone feeling brave enough to put their name to a suggestion? 

Someone on the thread on Wednesday seemed quite convinced that a defender was on his way.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Noticed that comment about a heavy midfield, so I’d expect Arnott to get loaned out if Murray doesn’t see him a semi-regular+ starter, which would likely firm up Matthews role. If Matthews is “let go”, I’d expect Arnott to get regular time.