The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think it’s late July/August until Vaughan is fully fit to go back into training or I could be wrong and he’s back earlier than that 

Vaughan was to initially return to rehab focused training about June, per the last report we ever got.

I don’t think it’ll be Matthews that will go. If anything, he will be the captain. When Murray talks about hard working players, no one in that team works harder than Rossco.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Zanatta go. Potentially someone might want to buy Ethan Ross but I doubt Murray would want to lose a player of his ability.

I don’t think it’ll be Matthews that will go. If anything, he will be the captain. When Murray talks about hard working players, no one in that team works harder than Rossco.
It wouldn’t surprise me to see Zanatta go. Potentially someone might want to buy Ethan Ross but I doubt Murray would want to lose a player of his ability.

Also my line of thought.

I reckon it’ll be Spencer and Matthews, as the 2, and it’ll be a mixture of tactics making up the rest

Matthews Spencer
Easton Ross Vaughan (if fit)
(/Connelly). (/Easton)

Stanton in if it’s maybe a 3 man midfield?

I just don’t get the Brown signing, is he any better than what we have? I haven’t seen him so really cannot comment.

That Ian Murray interview is excellent. Really looking forward to finding out the potential 2 defenders next week.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

People love to shit on Zanatta's work-rate but him, Connolly and (pre injury) Tom Lang were the ones you'd see most often doing extra work at the Gym 64. Based off the interview, I think it'll be pretty much all the younger lads who go out on loan or we potentially look to try to release a few mutually. 

Murray speaks so well, he is to the point but gives an explanation to the question as well and answers as much as he can. Compared to the likes of Hughes, Smith and McGlynn to an extent in recent years.  It does put you at ease that things are going on and he's well aware if what he needs to turn his attention to. 

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

People love to shit on Zanatta's work-rate but him, Connolly and (pre injury) Tom Lang were the ones you'd see most often doing extra work at the Gym 64. Based off the interview, I think it'll be pretty much all the younger lads who go out on loan or we potentially look to try to release a few mutually. 

Yeah Murray referred to younger players who need to be playing games. At the moment I doubt he's thinking beyond those guys. 

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

Murray speaks so well, he is to the point but gives an explanation to the question as well and answers as much as he can. Compared to the likes of Hughes, Smith and McGlynn to an extent in recent years.  It does put you at ease that things are going on and he's well aware if what he needs to turn his attention to. 

My take too, open in his answers and willing to go with the interviewer. Actually looked like he was enjoying the discussion rather than having to fulfill an obligation  

Would expect that we see younger players off loaded in full or on loan. Probably a raft of triallists too. 

Glad I watched that.

Any news/gossip on new strips or signing names? A couple of defenders incoming this week I guess the standard will tell us a bit about the budget Murray has. 

44 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

My take too, open in his answers and willing to go with the interviewer. Actually looked like he was enjoying the discussion rather than having to fulfill an obligation  

Would expect that we see younger players off loaded in full or on loan. Probably a raft of triallists too. 

Glad I watched that.

Any news/gossip on new strips or signing names? A couple of defenders incoming this week I guess the standard will tell us a bit about the budget Murray has. 

Totally agree, the quality of the defenders will tell us the size of budget Murray has.

17 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

That mention of two defenders potentially joining imminently is intriguing, because unless I've missed it, I don't think there's been any specific names rumoured, even vaguely, that we might be interested in. 

Anyone feeling brave enough to put their name to a suggestion? 

The lack of rumours might mean a WyScout English non league type of job?

26 minutes ago, renton said:

The lack of rumours might mean a WyScout English non league type of job?

I think that's almost inevitable for at least some of the remaining players who come in, for no reason more than the internal Scottish pool is so small. 

A club in our position would normally be looking at the clubs around us and the top performers in League One (as we did with Dylan Easton and Scott Brown) but the emergence of Cove Rangers and Queens Park as relatively big spenders and the travails of Falkirk and Dunfermline mean that there aren't as many players available to be "poached" by clubs like us, and there's other clubs willing to throw money at the kind of players we'd be interested in. 

Thistle acted early to get Harry Milne and Anton Downs in, and Queens took Dom Thomas from Dunfermline, but you're not seeing much in the way of League One players stepping up into the Championship, which would be the natural marketplace. 

5 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Would anyone take Doyle? he was the QP right back and captain I believe and he’s out of contract just thought I would suggest it 

No. Falkirk unloaded him because he wasn’t up to their needs the previous season, and at 30+, I’m not sure he’d have the endurance for a full wingback role.

No. Falkirk unloaded him because he wasn’t up to their needs the previous season, and at 30+, I’m not sure he’d have the endurance for a full wingback role.

He’d be a better option than Ross Millen who’s training with us.