The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I prefer Montrose or Airdrie to Falkirk and the Pars, both can rot in the seaside league for a while.

I like Airdrie’s diamond strips. On that basis, I like them better than the Pars or Falkirk.

Yes some of their support are a disgrace and they have a cohort of sad, fat, baldy 50 year old casuals who sour them a bit, but I still prefer them to the Pars. Let’s help them. Maybe in time they can help themselves and society will benefit.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good news that the Spencer deal has been confirmed. On paper we now have a very, very good group of midfielders for this level and I'm looking forward to seeing how Murray will set them up to get the best out on them. 

Now we just need defenders and forwards.

Sorry got to disagree about a loan to Falkirk. We should be doing nothing to help them get promoted. I'd prefer a loan to Montrose or Airdrie.

Agree, and in addition to this I don’t think Falkirk is the sort of environment we want to be sending our young lads to.
Might be a bit better with McGlynn at the helm but it’s been a basket case of a club for a few seasons, and the expectation and pressure to get promoted means the fans are on the players backs.
Not a good environment for young guys to develop.
The obsession with sending players there just because McGlynn is there now can get in the sea.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I like Airdrie’s diamond strips. On that basis, I like them better than the Pars or Falkirk.

Yes some of their support are a disgrace and they have a cohort of sad, fat, baldy 50 year old casuals who sour them a bit, but I still prefer them to the Pars. Let’s help them. Maybe in time they can help themselves and society will benefit.

Yup, I prefer Airdrie to that rabble. Let’s help them out. 

Murray seems to have parted on decent terms with Airdrie and obviously knows their new management team well. 

If we were to send anyone out on loan to a league 1 team it's more likely to be them than anyone else I would guess. 

12 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Off topic a little but just wanted to say a huge thanks to Stevie McDonald and the club for coming along to present trophy’s for my teams football presentation last night. 

Stevie brought new boy Dylan Easton along to award the trophy’s and all of the kids were buzzing - they even kindly donated a signed shirt for our fundraising needs. 

These are the wee things that the kids will remember and helps us to rebuild that community feel - especially after what went on earlier in the year. 

The young generation are potentially the future of our club moving forward and a great way to get youngsters on side. Half the team are season ticket holders and were absolutely elated last night. 

After all the kickings we’ve taken for a bit after the saga - just wanted to say thank you and appreciate them giving up their Friday night to pop along. 

Just to add to that, I also saw the post online about the Raith U14’s winning a cup. A side featuring Kieron Bowie’s twin younger brothers. It’s so pleasing to see the community side of things starting to shine through again!