The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm trying to buy ST but canny seem to get it to work. Anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

I had the same but got it to work by clicking the renewal link instead.

On 29/05/2022 at 20:13, Against The Machine said:

Screenshot_20220529-195216.thumb.png.6d14d58dae5c75c5f4c3fb545be4382f.png

So, if media reports are to be believed, we're now looking at something more akin to this...

lineup.png.5945d94f68d90c7165ef8bd4a9a9e3b8.png

Connolly and Zanatta are a little away from their natural positions, but it's obviously important to represent them. Based on Murray's business so far, I can't see that either would be starters in his first choice, but would quite possibly be primed to come on together and switch the system to run at tiring defences from out wide. Easton v Ross is a total toss-up that could go either way, and I think you could make the argument for any number of permutations for the three slots behind them in the midfield. 

On top of what's there, you've also got Bow, Mahady and Coulson. but I'd be incredibly surprised if they made five appearances between them. I've left question marks in for the right back and a centre half behind Lang because they're both cast iron requirements before the season begins. You'd also have to assume at least one more forward will come in.

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

So, if media reports are to be believed, we're now looking at something more akin to this...

lineup.png.5945d94f68d90c7165ef8bd4a9a9e3b8.png

Connolly and Zanatta are a little away from their natural positions, but it's obviously important to represent them. Based on Murray's business so far, I can't see that either would be starters in his first choice, but would quite possibly be primed to come on together and switch the system to run at tiring defences from out wide. Easton v Ross is a total toss-up that could go either way, and I think you could make the argument for any number of permutations for the three slots behind them in the midfield. 

On top of what's there, you've also got Bow, Mahady and Coulson. but I'd be incredibly surprised if they made five appearances between them. I've left question marks in for the right back and a centre half behind Lang because they're both cast iron requirements before the season begins. You'd also have to assume at least one more forward will come in.

Given Murray’s tactics seem highly dependent upon his personnel, I would be extremely surprised to see a “narrow” formation such as the 4-4-2 diamond in common use. We have a number of natural wide players (Zanatta, Connolly, Ross, Coulson*, Mitchell*) who do not play well as conventional CFs. The three senior players there can all play winger or wide midfield, but I’m not sure they would work as CMs.

Easton as an AM/SS behind Vaughan or Gullan might be very fruitful, but we surely need more width. Arnott is never a DM, I’d see him and Easton as alternating as AM, with Ross running wide on either side.

Spencer is much more likely at DM than Matthews…if signed. I also see Stanton more likely at DM than Matthews, and perhaps also Brown.

Masson as a reserve CB would be a truly ballsy move, much more so than Young at LB coverage. It’s also worth wondering if Dick at CB (or even RB) with Young at LB has been considered, but Young has so little experience, it seems unlikely.

Bow needs play somewhere, and we could use a third keeper tucked away somewhere. Mahady looks unlikely to develop for us, but Coulson showed some flashes and Mitchell looked truly promising as a slashing LW or as one of a pair of CFs…but both are still closer to League One or Two level than Chhampionship.

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The wouldn’t give it re-signing incoming would they or it would totally kill the buzz as we would know it’s Brad 

9 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Graphic reads Incoming - Signing announcement I.e. a signing announcement is incoming

Getting Brad signed up is like a brand new signing. Defence and attack next. Can we get Callum Smith next. He’ll flourish in the Championship with us. Wish I had the money to pay off his contract 😝😝