The New Raith Rovers Thread

Coulson might be worth another shot. Cowden were happy enough to keep giving him game time, but a winger is never going to thrive in a team that's getting gubbed every week. A loan out to a team at the top end of the Lowland League might give him a better platform. 
Mahady being dropped down to the Shippy halfway through the season isn't a great sign. I don't know how he got on there, but unless he was banging in hat-tricks I'm not convinced he'll be in a position to offer anything at Championship level any time soon. 
A top lowland league team, like Cowdenbeath then [emoji23]

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think Spencer will sign and if it’s the 2 6s he plays in a 442 it will be Spencer/Matthews or Spencer/Brown as Stanton is more of an 8 

Stanton has played DM a decent amount, probably more so than Matthews…but Brown alternate is a fair shot. Most of Murray’s formations at Airdrie were narrower ones (like the 4-4-2 double 6 or 4-4-2 diamond) than I’d expect him to use with our greater selection of wide players, so it will be interesting to see where Ross ends up getting time.

12 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Heard from a friend who was talking to Bene and Reghan Hendry today. Bene said no-one from the club had been in touch from seasons end regarding contracts. His agent finally managed to get the offer of another year on the same wages but Pars offered more money and 2 years.

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

Might well be nonsense but I'd heads he had been offered another year also. 

Maybe the Rovers weren’t going to offer him a new contract  , Murray only acknowledge at the press conference that he was captain and had good experience the only guy he really mentioned was Brad regarding resigning, But if rumours are true he was offered a 2 year deal and more money in the 1st division Dunfermline are off there head 

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've no idea what he's earning but if true and you're besting the wages of a top five Championship club captain for 2 years, you must have deep pockets....

After 7 years, he might just have fancied getting out and doing something new.

Same money, same security in a theoretically less skilled environment where you might show up better?

After 7 years, he might just have fancied getting out and doing something new.
Same money, same security in a theoretically less skilled environment where you might show up better?
I'm not criticising Bene in the slightest. It's a good and sensible move for him for all sorts of reasons. He'll be like Beckenbauer compared to what they're used to. I'm simply surprised DAFC are paying more, for 2 years, in a lower league.

If Raith had offered Bene the same money as last season then that is a fair offer, He along with many others can’t say that their performance last season merited an increase. I’d expect that the security of a two year deal would have swayed his decision. He has been a good servant for us and no issues with him deciding to move on although at the same time  I would have been quite happy if he had stayed.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I've no idea what he's earning but if true and you're besting the wages of a top five Championship club captain for 2 years, you must have deep pockets....

Could've offered him a pound more, could've offered him less but more years, who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Dunfermline and Falkirk chucking money about like confetti in League 1 for one promotion spot can only end well :)

There's potential for two promotion spots. 

As well as that no one has any idea on the specifics of the contract that Benedictus was on, or is on now.

6 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Season tickets on general sale today but no announcement from the club yet. 

Hoping to encourage more sales by announcing a signing first perhaps?

It's in the Rovers Digest that's emailed to subscribers. Dare say it'll be on the main site shortly.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

It's in the Rovers Digest that's emailed to subscribers. Dare say it'll be on the main site shortly.

Capture.PNG

I'm sure I used to get that and never unsubscribed. Will need to ask them to add me to the list again.

Clarifying my count. 15 is main squad, with Arnott. Add Young for 16, if he’s our cover at LB…that leaves 5 youth players (Masson, Bow, Mahady, Coulson and Mitchell), for 21 signed. If we aim for 26-27, how are we counting the young’uns, that’s what’ll decide what we see come in. I don’t expect any of the others to be loaned this year, even Arnott or Young, unless something changes drastically.

Edited by TxRover