The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I’m of the same view. I suspect his exploits with Zambia will have opened up a few doors to him, possibly opportunities we can’t complete with.

So, two centre backs and a right back required then. Who’s available?

Dick can play CB instead and we could go LB+RB+CB…just saying.

Tumilty was never going to stay, and Musonda was unlikely too so no great surprise at that news. 

It does confirm that we've got a lot of work to do to put a defence together but most other teams are in the same boat as we are, some even worse, so no real need to panic yet. 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Is there any defenders released championship/Premiership level we could probably persuade to come and join, did see earlier apparently an RB from down south is touted to be coming In but we don’t know that for sure.

I’m surprised he’s not signed anyone else yet with the first preseason game what almost 2 weeks away? Can he really get 2/3  CHs and a RB in that time plus Brad signed maybe by the end/beginning of next week and the  focus on a striker last I reckon he would do 

James Maxwell? Had a good season on loan at Ayr from Rangers and now a free agent.

3 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us go for Jamie Hamilton since his contract is up, but imagine we'd have to pay a development fee

Jack Hamilton? Should be our top target IMO. I’m not sure if a deal could be done a la Ethan Ross regarding the development fee?

I would like to see us go for Euan Henderson on loan from Hearts too. 

2 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

Jack Hamilton? Should be our top target IMO. I’m not sure if a deal could be done a la Ethan Ross regarding the development fee?

I would like to see us go for Euan Henderson on loan from Hearts too. 

I think we should also go for Jack Hamilton, but I meant the centre back from Hamilton who's contract is up

8 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

James Maxwell? Had a good season on loan at Ayr from Rangers and now a free agent.

I really liked him for Queens season before last. I think he has played a bit further forward for Ayr on the left hand side. Would like a look at him, at least. 

11 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

He seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder with us in the game at Starks. Scored two goals and made a point of giving the South Stand the ‘Get it up ye’ celebration both times.

If Maxwell is left sided he's not really what we're looking for anyway. We really need to be focusing on getting a couple of centre backs, a right back and at least one forward. If we do that and still have budget left then we can look at improving options in other parts of the squad. 

15 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

We'll never get a right back as good as Tumilty without gambling on released youth players I don't think.  Not the most exciting suggestion, but got Jason Naismith got released by Killie and would definitely do a job

I remember thinking we would never get another Craig Wilson or another Jason Thomson, now it’s another Tumilty. These guys can all be replaced. 

26 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I remember thinking we would never get another Craig Wilson or another Jason Thomson, now it’s another Tumilty. These guys can all be replaced. 

Aye, bear in mind Tumilty left Morton to fairly large shrugs from their posters on here.

Been reading an article and it says Murray is looking to trim the squad and we had 29 players on the books last season, I never knew it was that much, it will be interesting to see who he gets rid of because Dave McKay has already left, same as Bene and looks likely both RT and Frankie are away BRS away, Spencer is likely to stay. 

so will he get rid of some of the younger players? Like Mahady, Bow, Masson etc or will it be like the more experienced like a Zanatta Gullan etc who he might deem not good enough 

17 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Been reading an article and it says Murray is looking to trim the squad and we had 29 players on the books last season, I never knew it was that much, it will be interesting to see who he gets rid of because Dave McKay has already left, same as Bene and looks likely both RT and Frankie are away BRS away, Spencer is likely to stay. 

so will he get rid of some of the younger players? Like Mahady, Bow, Masson etc or will it be like the more experienced like a Zanatta Gullan etc who he might deem not good enough 

Given we likely paid for Gullan and a long contract, I can't see him leaving. Same with Ross unless we recouped some finances. I'd be ok with Zanatta or Connolly going. 

I would like Arnott, Mitchell and Young to be retained and blended into the squad with plenty of game time.