The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

He’s not. 

Aye. I never got the 'he's a leader' chat when it came to Bene. The 2-0 defeat to Dunfermline after winning the challenge cup really showed Bene in a negative light when he would constantly berate McKay rather than try and talk him through the game. He's night and day in comparison to Berra both in terms of leadership and ability however should be more than a capable player at League 1 level. I do find it slightly funny that Dunfermline fans are poking fun on Twitter about 'stealing' our captain when he was out of contract and not offered a new deal. 

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I do find it slightly funny that Dunfermline fans are poking fun on Twitter about 'stealing' our captain when he was out of contract and not offered a new deal. 

Rival fans winding each other up you say?!

When are the players back? Everyone's deal will have expired do I'm surprised we haven't seen tumilty announced wherever he's going unless there are a few options. 

Spencer is signing when he reports back and musonda has been away playing for his country. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For all you Gozie lovers.

He's away back down South according to the Morton fans. 

14 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

See they're in discussion with Lewis Strapp, wouldn't mind us going in for him. Although he'd probably get offers from bottom half Premier teams

Fully agree with you that I'd love it if we went for him but there's absolutely no chance given we've already got two left backs and we'd be due a development fee for him as they've offered a contract. Morton to Rovers would only be a sideward move when, as you mention, he'll likely have offers from clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League. 

We need centre halfs as we have already lost McKay, Bene possibly Musonda and Lang is away. Thoughts on Popescu who was at Hamilton and released by Hearts. Experienced and may be a good fit for Berra.

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We need centre halfs as we have already lost McKay, Bene possibly Musonda and Lang is away. Thoughts on Popescu who was at Hamilton and released by Hearts. Experienced and may be a good fit for Berra.

Where is lang away to? 

33 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m starting to panic a wee bit from Brad Spencer re-signing I’ve seen nowhere else that’s he’s going to sign apart from the daily record sport normally the courier or FFP would’ve reported it by now  

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/defensive-duo-to-leave-raith-rovers-3724420

Albeit it doesn't change much - we already knew Tumilty was away. Same position as beginning of the week, we need two CBs, a RB and a No 9.

Getting Spencer still seems likely which at least sorts the midfield.

Edited by renton