The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Surely between Sim and Smart there is enough wonga between them to not only pay off Goodwillie's contract but fly him off the planet into another universe?

The underlying wealth of the former has not stopped the football club's accounts from being a horror show, so I would be very surprised if they did pay him off individually. 

Amazing how great benny appears to be now since he’s signed for the Pars , But I thought everything to do with the wee team is S@@@e and we are beneath our west Fife giants . In all honest would I rather benny have stayed I wouldn’t have been disappointed if he did but like wise not that bother he has moved on , the season past it’s clear where the failure lies regarding missing out on the playoffs to many goals conceded , lack of pace and stamina at the back especially in the last 10 minutes of games which Benedictus was part of. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Are you still happy supporting Raith Rovers? 

I still have many issues around the tainted signing of Goodwillie, but as the  folk who sanctioned and publicly played it down because of the footballing reasons leave I feel we are starting to move on from the whole sordid affair. A long way to go yet...

Enjoy your new signing:

image.png.bd00b7b3169163097e67ace57b015957.png

57 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I still have many issues around the tainted signing of Goodwillie, but as the  folk who sanctioned and publicly played it down because of the footballing reasons leave I feel we are starting to move on from the whole sordid affair. A long way to go yet...

Enjoy your new signing:

image.png.bd00b7b3169163097e67ace57b015957.png

Ach you know what, I'm always keen to talk to a man of strong ethics. 

On 03/02/2022 at 13:34, Double Jack D said:

I'm not going to lay into Bene or any of the players. They have no say in this and have mortgages to pay and kids to feed. If they feel they need to tow the party line then so be it.

The decision makers are the accountable ones.

Ah well maybe not, still the Bene stuff was probably you just acting out and going for the windup because he joined Dunfermline eh? I'm sure you didn't go as far as to say that the decision makers should be kept on by the club eh? 

On 27/04/2022 at 13:15, Double Jack D said:

As for McGlynn, I think I'm probably on the side of offering him a new contract. The last 4 months have been horrendous but over the medium term, the club is on an upward trajectory. I would give him another year with an automatic further year if we finish top 4 next season. I think he has done enough to deserve that when you assess the season as a whole and the improvements in the club for the 2 seasons before that.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Fwiw I'm off the opinion that Benedictus is a thick ned, and he said some pretty ridiculously stupid and horrible things in that statement. However he isn't the one culpable for a rapist rocking up at Raith Rovers. 

I had dealings with Bene through my job (non-football) during the 19/20 season and can't say anything other than he was a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.

I just hope he's going to do the right thing and ask to wear the number 51 on the back of his Pars jersey.

Edited by Specky Ginger

On 06/06/2022 at 18:44, keyser_soze said:

Really glad Brad has signed for another season, of the 3 main players out of contract I would have put him 3rd behind Musonda and Tumilty. Frankie for me is a versitile player who can play in a couple of positions, Regan whilst great on his day had a few off games but definately deserves a shot in the top flight, please just not Livi, Spencer is a great player but we have an abundance in midfield, especially given the 2 recent recruits. Overall very pleased with the way the squad is shaping up, 2 defenders and a number 9 and we're sorted.

Why not? :D From what I can tell we'd be converting him to a winger as well, not that the links I've heard have been anything concrete. Based on previous seasons he'd have more success with us than the likes of St Mirren

I had dealings with Bene through my job (non-football) during the 19/20 season and can't say anything other than he was a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.
I just hope he's going to do the right thing and ask to wear the number 51 on the back of his Pars jersey.
Can only echo this. Any time I ever spoke to Bene he was down to earth and it never seemed like a chore. He gave up a lot of his time for kids and RRCF as well.

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

'cause I fucking hate your plastic franchise tinpot club 🤪

How long do we stay franchise :D There's never not been a Livi in my lifetime, it's been a long time now.

Fwiw I'm off the opinion that Benedictus is a thick ned, and he said some pretty ridiculously stupid and horrible things in that statement. However he isn't the one culpable for a rapist rocking up at Raith Rovers. 
Is he a rape apologist then?

44 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Ffs I was coming onto this thread to read about new signings etc and some fuckwit has got Grant228 on his fucking soapbox again. I'll just take a few days off before returning.

You would think Grant228 would just f**k off to the Seaside League, but he is that sad he can't leave us alone. He should really be on his forum celebrating his team signing a player not good enough to play for us this season. 

In terms of signings it's gone very quiet again but get a feeling we will announce something very shortly. I also have a feeling Tumilty will sign on again.

39 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Ffs I was coming onto this thread to read about new signings etc and some fuckwit has got Grant228 on his fucking soapbox again. I'll just take a few days off before returning.

Oh lord, how will people cope without your startling insights? 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Is he a rape apologist then?

Nah, he's an idiot who trotted out the party line that the club was peddling, he wasn't part of the decision process to bring said rapist to the club. It would've been nice for him to come out and tell the club to do one, realistically it wasn't going to happen. He's less of a cock than the Paul Patons of the world but he came out the situation looking like a cock none the less. 

On a purely footballing level I'm not that convinced by him, should've been sent off last season at Starks, and the Raith defence looked v poor at EEP, you're hoping that the drop down in level can negate some of his weaknesses but I'm not sure, a step down on Donaldson, a step up on Ambrose. I'm not even convinced he's this great leader he seems to have become in the last two days to some Pars fans, as noted his leadership during that fiasco left allot to be desired, and any time I seen Raith they looked infinitely better with Berra doing the talking. Will Benedictus be any good at talking a ropey cb through a game? Not sure. 

He had that funny haircut though so there's that. 

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You would think Grant228 would just f**k off to the Seaside League, but he is that sad he can't leave us alone. He should really be on his forum celebrating his team signing a player not good enough to play for us this season. 

If you just want Raith fans posting then it's probably best to toddle off to whatever single club forum Raith have, there's a good chap.