The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Genuinely can't say I'm too bothered, much in the same way I'd not have been unhappy if he stayed. I think most folk will be the same. He'll be solid at that level. League 1 can be a lot more forgiving for defensive errors. 

It's stating the obvious and a little trite, but it depends entirely on who replaces him. He's a perfectly serviceable defender but there will be better out there who'll sign for clubs like us this summer. All depends on whether Murray can pick one of them. 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Can I just ask has Vaughan still got 2 years left or is it just 1 I can’t remember? 

Pretty sure it's 2, google confirms to end of season 23/24

Can I just ask has Vaughan still got 2 years left or is it just 1 I can’t remember? 

Should still be two. We must be paying him a fair bit considering he's proposed to his soon to be Mrs while at Disney World 😂 congrats to them though. 

Really glad Brad has signed for another season, of the 3 main players out of contract I would have put him 3rd behind Musonda and Tumilty. Frankie for me is a versitile player who can play in a couple of positions, Regan whilst great on his day had a few off games but definately deserves a shot in the top flight, please just not Livi, Spencer is a great player but we have an abundance in midfield, especially given the 2 recent recruits. Overall very pleased with the way the squad is shaping up, 2 defenders and a number 9 and we're sorted.

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's Bene officially signed for Dunfermline. 

Surprised he went to the Pars being Rovers Captain I expect he’d go to Falkirk. Not overly bothered he’s not the player he was and I’m guessing he’d have been back up and not captain if he stayed. I’m sure the Pars will have offered him 1st team football and a decent salary. 

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Really glad Brad has signed for another season, of the 3 main players out of contract I would have put him 3rd behind Musonda and Tumilty. Frankie for me is a versitile player who can play in a couple of positions, Regan whilst great on his day had a few off games but definately deserves a shot in the top flight, please just not Livi, Spencer is a great player but we have an abundance in midfield, especially given the 2 recent recruits. Overall very pleased with the way the squad is shaping up, 2 defenders and a number 9 and we're sorted.

3 defenders and a number 9 for me. We need two CBs to give cover until Lang is fit, plus a RB and obviously the elusive No 9.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surprised he went to the Pars being Rovers Captain I expect he’d go to Falkirk. Not overly bothered he’s not the player he was and I’m guessing he’d have been back up and not captain if he stayed. I’m sure the Pars will have offered him 1st team football and a decent salary. 

I’ve seen on twitter and Facebook people saying he wasn’t offered a new deal at us obviously we don’t know if that’s true but surprised he never had any other offers championship level but 2 League 1 clubs did 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not bothered about Bene moving on what bothers me is we have had no list of released players or players who will not resign.

Some players are still on holiday, looking like Brad Spencer has Re-signed/ possibly still have to discuss a deal with Musonda who’s still on international duty, some Younger players like Bow and Mahady could still be negotiating to leave, these things take wee while 

I’ve seen on twitter and Facebook people saying he wasn’t offered a new deal at us obviously we don’t know if that’s true but surprised he never had any other offers championship level but 2 League 1 clubs did 

Might depend on what was offered, Pars and Falkirk will have offered 1st team football while Championship clubs might not have been offering it. I just assumed we’d have offered something but maybe Murray doesn’t rate Bene. For me he’s looking more like a solid League 1 player these days. Been a good servant to the club but time to part ways. 

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Does he not stay up spam? Probably can't be bothered with the commute to falkirk. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Does he not stay up spam? Probably can't be bothered with the commute to falkirk. 

Absolutely no idea where he stays but of the out of contract players that might end up at Falkirk he was my tip especially with McGlynn being there and being his captain.  

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Absolutely no idea where he stays but of the out of contract players that might end up at Falkirk he was my tip especially with McGlynn being there and being his captain.  

Falkirk are in dire straits financially, absolutely skint.

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not bothered about Bene moving on what bothers me is we have had no list of released players or players who will not resign.

It is a bit strange. I can only assume that we are waiting until we have answers from everyone before we make an announcement but it would have been easy enough to put out something a few days ago which categorised the out of contract players as either released or offered new deals. 

There will surely be something this week considering pre season training starts this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Falkirk are in dire straits financially, absolutely skint.

Aye I read on one there threads that they’ve lost a lot of money and no really got a pot to piss in, be interesting to see what McGlynn does with there very limited budget