The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely 1 or 2 midfielders is getting moved on? Or least loaned out as that is a lot and not all Guaranteed Game time if we go 4312 then it will be Matthews, Spencer, Stanton/Brown and most likely Easton as the 10 (unless brown fills in at RB like he has at Peterhead)…

where does this leave the likes of Arnott, Ross, Connolly, Zanatta interesting to see what happens there 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely 1 or 2 midfielders is getting moved on? Or least loaned out as that is a lot and not all Guaranteed Game time if we go 4312 then it will be Matthews, Spencer, Stanton/Brown and most likely Easton as the 10 (unless brown fills in at RB like he has at Peterhead)…

where does this leave the likes of Arnott, Ross, Connolly, Zanatta interesting to see what happens there 

The teams that have a strong bench are title contenders.

Don't just think of the starting eleven.

18 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Embarrassment of riches! You'd think at least 1 loan out is required and that could likely be  Arnott to L1.

We'd easily take Ethan back to the North East for a wee loan 👌

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Embarrassment of riches! You'd think at least 1 loan out is required and most likely Arnott to L1. Could see 1 getting moved on.

We'd easily take Ethan back to the North East for a wee loan 👌

I think out of that lot Ross will stay paid the compensation that Aberdeen wanted and one of our best players if played correctly as the guy said above having a good overall squad can help massively 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So you have basically 5 guys rotating for two slots in a 4-2-3-1,  or possibly 3 slots in a 4-3-3/4-1-2-1-2.  Likliehood is that Arnott get's some loan time, but actually we have got a good balance in midfield now. Before we only really had Matthews to provide the active ball winning role, now we have Brown as well that gives us enough scope to change the midfield as required.

Further forward we we have Easton, Ross, Connolly, Zanatta and Vaughan for three slots in a 4-2-3-1. Again, that's hardly excessive once form, injuries and suspensions kick in.

What is good is that the quality amongst those not starting is high enough that they are not just filler.

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think out of that lot Ross will stay paid the compensation that Aberdeen wanted and one of our best players if played correctly as the guy said above having a good overall squad can help massively 

He's not going anywhere I'd imagine. Class player to have to change a game. A hot streak and could easily play his way into the side on a more permanent basis.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

So you have basically 5 guys rotating for two slots in a 4-2-3-1,  or possibly 3 slots in a 4-3-3/4-1-2-1-2.  Likliehood is that Arnott get's some loan time, but actually we have got a good balance in midfield now. Before we only really had Matthews to provide the active ball winning role, now we have Brown as well that gives us enough scope to change the midfield as required.

Further forward we we have Easton, Ross, Connolly, Zanatta and Vaughan for three slots in a 4-2-3-1. Again, that's hardly excessive once form, injuries and suspensions kick in.

What is good is that the quality amongst those not starting is high enough that they are not just filler.

Very good quality and cover in all midfield areas. Rovers in a strong position so early in June without even dabbling in the loan market.

Plenty of time to bring in a few defenders and a top striker.

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Very good quality and cover in all midfield areas. Rovers in a strong position so early in June without even dabbling in the loan market.

Plenty of time to bring in a few defenders and a top striker.

That’s with out CHs and a RB and a striker which we desperately need 

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

And played in his natural position, hes in the shop window for us as we didn't sign him to let his contract run down and eventualy get nowt

That is a consideration but for arguments sake say we are well within the play off spots in January. I'd let his contract run down going for promotion rather than take 100k and lose him.

The sale of Tait and losing him in January fucked us over last season as we lost spencer with his injury. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

That is a consideration but for arguments sake say we are well within the play off spots in January. I'd let his contract run down going for promotion rather than take 100k and lose him.

The sale of Tait and losing him in January fucked us over last season as we lost spencer with his injury. 

I think alot of people didn't realise just how good a player tait was for us as well. He played a role that I think mcglynn thought stanton would fill but due to our form falling off a cliff, he never really got going in that role. 

Happy with Murray's business so far. If we sign anymore midfielders I'll probably be questioning Murray's sanity though. Still plenty of time to get rest of the squad sorted and hopefully the players coming in will be of the same standard or better. 

I think alot of people didn't realise just how good a player tait was for us as well. He played a role that I think mcglynn thought stanton would fill but due to our form falling off a cliff, he never really got going in that role. 

Happy with Murray's business so far. If we sign anymore midfielders I'll probably be questioning Murray's sanity though. Still plenty of time to get rest of the squad sorted and hopefully the players coming in will be of the same standard or better. 

Couldn’t disagree more. Tait was garbage last season, albeit maybe being forced to play a little deeper. This is coming from someone who rated him highly prior to last season. Tait leaving had zero impact in our form. I think we all know what caused the atmosphere around the club to change with undoubtedly impacted performances on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Tait was garbage last season, albeit maybe being forced to play a little deeper. This is coming from someone who rated him highly prior to last season. Tait leaving had zero impact in our form. I think we all know what caused the atmosphere around the club to change with undoubtedly impacted performances on the pitch.

Our form dropped when Spencer got injured and then tait leaving seen us go further in to a hole. I'm not saying tait had an amazing half season for us but the type of player he was, wasn't replaced which did impact on our season imo. We were pish long before Goodwillie was signed. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

If it’s true and Spencer has signed the new deal (I think it is) then were all good there now it will be the striker/Defence next being the priority 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Has he not got 2 more seasons on his deal?

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Quite incredible to say that Tait leaving had “zero impact” when him and Spencer played something like 80% of our passes into the final third in the first half of the season, according to Wyscout. A very fruitful half season, too.  I think losing that would have a very big impact, indeed. Certainly high than zero.