The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Bene going is a bit of the club cleaning house from the old regime and also the he who shall not be named debacle as Bene was thrown to the wolves a bit with that one.

It's also become apparent that he is no longer a starting player at this level and where we have aspirations of going. 

He was a great servant to the club and should be remembered as such I wish him well. 

As for the captaincy Murray will have his own view on it and may want his own man but I think there is a lot of upheaval going on this summer with a new manager a lot of new faces on and off the park it should be a current player to maintain a bit of consistency probably Matthews 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I heard it was down to money.  We'd offered over £1k a week and Dunfermline have offered more.  His first choice was a new contract with Rovers so maybe staying in Fife played a part too.  

Can't say I'm disappointed.  Signings have been solid if unspectacular so far.  Hopefully the next few will be more mouth watering.

A quote from the Falkirk thread about Benedictus. 

If that is genuinely the sort of money being offered to Benedictus I'm quite glad we aren't stretching to anything like that amount for someone far from guaranteed to be a first team regular..

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If that is genuinely the sort of money being offered to Benedictus I'm quite glad we aren't stretching to anything like that amount for someone far from guaranteed to be a first team regular..

I would be looking to give that sort of money to a player like Brad Spencer and RT who’d be 1 of the first names on the team sheet 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Fully agree with this. I would've released him, if only because I'm keen we shake things up a bit from last season. Wouldn't have been upset if he'd ended up staying, though. 

I wouldn't have had him as first choice next season and if we're looking at daft money to keep him, especially on a two year deal, then it's a no from me. I think we can do better and am happy for us to take that opportunity. 

I don't think it'll happen, but I'd be delighted if Musonda stayed. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Fully agree with this. I would've released him, if only because I'm keen we shake things up a bit from last season. Wouldn't have been upset if he'd ended up staying, though. 

I wouldn't have had him as first choice next season and if we're looking at daft money to keep him, especially on a two year deal, then it's a no from me. I think we can do better and am happy for us to take that opportunity. 

I don't think it'll happen, but I'd be delighted if Musonda stayed. 

The saving on his wages could be split between Spencer, Tumilty and Musonda to encourage them to re-sign 

Musonda and Lang would ge just fine at CB with Berra as standby

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lads, literally 0% chance Tumilty will stay. The fact Murray doesn’t even mention him in his first interview when directly asked about him speaks volumes. 

Made me look over the Airdrie roster to see who Murray had there…Scott Walker, out of contract, but probably not our answer at RB…but, he’s 21, Murray knows him, and he’s versatile. They also had Craig Watson, who is also out of contract. Now both are League One players, but known to Murray. Might he take a gamble on one or two for depth?

That made me look at the Pars side, and they have two RB’s on contract till 2023. Kyle MacDonald saw some time with the Pars and on loan at Airdrie. Aaron Comrie is the more experienced RB at the Championship level. But, again, both a still under contract, although with the Pars relegated, things might change on availability.

I’m sure there’s a nice pile of RB’s lying around right now, but finding the diamond in the shite is the problem.

Made me look over the Airdrie roster to see who Murray had there…Scott Walker, out of contract, but probably not our answer at RB…but, he’s 21, Murray knows him, and he’s versatile. They also had Craig Watson, who is also out of contract. Now both are League One players, but known to Murray. Might he take a gamble on one or two for depth?
That made me look at the Pars side, and they have two RB’s on contract till 2023. Kyle MacDonald saw some time with the Pars and on loan at Airdrie. Aaron Comrie is the more experienced RB at the Championship level. But, again, both a still under contract, although with the Pars relegated, things might change on availability.
I’m sure there’s a nice pile of RB’s lying around right now, but finding the diamond in the shite is the problem.

Craig Watson is signed for next season at Airdrie

Sha hoor min, serious questions need to be asked of Falkirk and/or Dunfermline if they are offering Kyle Benedictus potentially over a grand a week. If Falkirk were prepared to spend that on Bene fook knows what they would/will offer Spencer. We'll certainly not be able to compete with that. 

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Sha hoor min, serious questions need to be asked of Falkirk and/or Dunfermline if they are offering Kyle Benedictus potentially over a grand a week. If Falkirk were prepared to spend that on Bene fook knows what they would/will offer Spencer. We'll certainly not be able to compete with that. 

With this new director maybe he could put in some cash to help fund Spencer? I think we will offer him a good wage but clubs are stupid to pay that for Bene, but I do think we would offer Spencer that sort of money, Christ we were paying keatings and DG over 1K a week so it can be done 

50 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

With this new director maybe he could put in some cash to help fund Spencer? I think we will offer him a good wage but clubs are stupid to pay that for Bene, but I do think we would offer Spencer that sort of money, Christ we were paying keatings and DG over 1K a week so it can be done 

There's absolutely no proof that the figure of £1000 per week is true. Also, Colin Smart is just in the door and the begging letters arrive on his desk.

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

There's absolutely no proof that the figure of £1000 per week is true. Also, Colin Smart is just in the door and the begging letters arrive on his desk.

People on the Clyde thread who has close links to Clyde apparently he was on 1K a week there while also working full time, and when he signed for us I think they said it was at £1200 he was never going to sign for less money whether it’s true or not we will never know 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

How much was Bene on at Rovers?

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

We also have Matty Todd at right back, who was our starting RB by the end of the season. 

It's quite likely that we try and move on one of our RB's, most likely either MacDonald or Comrie. 

20 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Based on the little I've seen of him, I'd take Comrie. Scored against us after running from inside his own half in one of the Covid games, didn't he? 

I like my fullbacks to be as marauding as possible. 

That not when Musonda looked like he was running through treacle?

27 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Based on the little I've seen of him, I'd take Comrie. Scored against us after running from inside his own half in one of the Covid games, didn't he? 

I like my fullbacks to be as marauding as possible. 

Aye that was Comrie, he's not really known for that type of game though. Good championship player though.