The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Anyone in the know, or roughly know, when the Community Hub will start? (Diggers in breaking ground)

The club only recently got planning permission, I would imagine issuing the contract will be next then lead time for materials, as you won't be shelling out without permissions.

The club only recently got planning permission, I would imagine issuing the contract will be next then lead time for materials, as you won't be shelling out without permissions.
I was of the opinion it was some kind of box structure that was easy to put up as opposed to foundations brick and morter?

I can’t see there being any more signing/renewal news this week, I could see maybe 1 or 2 next week. He might run the rule over a few players during pre season maybe 
I'd think a lot of people will be holding back on season tickets until they see the quality of players we are bringing in.

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I was of the opinion it was some kind of box structure that was easy to put up as opposed to foundations brick and morter?

I don't think that manufacturers will have this sort of thing 'on the shelf' just in case John Sim makes an order, as I said, you wait for permission before you pay out money on such a thing.

I don't think that manufacturers will have this sort of thing 'on the shelf' just in case John Sim makes an order, as I said, you wait for permission before you pay out money on such a thing.
Obviously, what I was commenting on is when, if it is passed it'll be built in jig time I expect. Modular construction.

59 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:
I can’t see there being any more signing/renewal news this week, I could see maybe 1 or 2 next week. He might run the rule over a few players during pre season maybe 

I'd think a lot of people will be holding back on season tickets until they see the quality of players we are bringing in.

club have sold 500 season tickets in the first week, so can't imagine many are holding back. Maybe a slight downturn due to the fiasco with Goodwillie, and maybe a few will renew if and hopefully when the club inform us that he is no longer on the payroll - that could be a potential issue for some more than signings.... 

I think we'll not have many folk who are in a position where they're not coming back. There'll be a tiny amount, and fair play to them, but a lot of people will see McGlynn leaving as another key person being away. MacDonald's interview today was a positive step, in that it wasn't a complete car-cash compared to John Sim's one. He at least acknowledges that the signing was completely at odds with what they want to achieve.

So is the hub just going to be a glorified portacabin? 

I won't be buying a season ticket while Goodwillie is on the pay roll. I'm not saying I won't attend any games at all, but with the way everything is going I can find better uses for £280/300 than contributing to his wage right now. 

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I won't be buying a season ticket while Goodwillie is on the pay roll. I'm not saying I won't attend any games at all, but with the way everything is going I can find better uses for £280/300 than contributing to his wage right now. 

Whether you buy one just now or wait until he’s been paid off, you’d still be contributing to his wages. Whether we like it or not, we all are!

On 01/06/2022 at 16:05, AllanJM said:

Would love to be able to get Bowie back on loan but suspect Fulham will be looking to put him out to a higher level than the Championship.

4 hours ago, Langtounlaud said:

Just seen him down the High Street. Would be good if we could get him on loan, Fulham should do it if only to make up for sending us Abraham 

If Bowie is coming on loan to Scotland it'll more than likely be to Dundee United as they have a partnership with Fulham. 

16 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Whether you buy one just now or wait until he’s been paid off, you’d still be contributing to his wages. Whether we like it or not, we all are!

Like I said, I'll probably still attend games but I won't be getting a season ticket as long as he's on the pay roll. It will likely mean I don't attend as many games. 

I know me putting any money in to the club will contribute to his wages in some way. I won't just completely walk away from the club iv supported for 30+ years though so will still attend some games at starks. 

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It will be steel framed with metal cladding/ facing brick to match the existing stand

, Bought my season ticket today couldn’t care less about DGW he won’t play on Starks Park that good enough for me I’m certainly backing the team and new manager , However I won’t be renewing my players fund direct debit until the Rapist has left 

57 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It will be steel framed with metal cladding/ facing brick to match the existing stand

, Bought my season ticket today couldn’t care less about DGW he won’t play on Starks Park that good enough for me I’m certainly backing the team and new manager , However I won’t be renewing my players fund direct debit until the Rapist has left 

I might be in the minority here but I renewed my player fund when Ian Murray got appointed I wanted to contribute my part for him to get the players he wants in over the next 2 years 

The 5oo post is interesting, not sure if it's really good going or a sign of a larger number holding back. A fair few of the tickets will be kids ones too so it's hard to draw any meaningful detail. 

Hopefully it's the former as this we do have a foundation to give this season a right go.

Chairman's interview was a good read, written press is a good format for taking steps forward when used appropriately. I still fear that Sim will be along soon to create havoc by opening his yapper and setting the club back again. 

4 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

The 5oo post is interesting, not sure if it's really good going or a sign of a larger number holding back. A fair few of the tickets will be kids ones too so it's hard to draw any meaningful detail. 

Hopefully it's the former as this we do have a foundation to give this season a right go.

Chairman's interview was a good read, written press is a good format for taking steps forward when used appropriately. I still fear that Sim will be along soon to create havoc by opening his yapper and setting the club back again. 

I was thinking the same regarding the season tickets. Shifting 500 in a week seems pretty good going, but a negative spin is that 2/3 of holders from last season haven't renewed yet. 

Impossible to know without being able to compare to last season's pattern. 

I think 500 in a week given the current financial crisis is good going.  I don't know what the attrition rate is for existing ST holders year on year, but I'd imagine if you can at least to 1k of them then you'd top up with newbies to keep you at worst flat.

Have to say fair play for allowing the monthly option even from early birds, I don't think I would have thrown 300 quid cash at it in this climate 

Edited by CALDERON

Like I said, I'll probably still attend games but I won't be getting a season ticket as long as he's on the pay roll. It will likely mean I don't attend as many games. 
I know me putting any money in to the club will contribute to his wages in some way. I won't just completely walk away from the club iv supported for 30+ years though so will still attend some games at starks. 
Just goto the away matches then, simple.

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Just goto the away matches then, simple.

I feel like this is more of an issue than I intended it to be with my posts. That will be one of the things I do next season though. 

10 hours ago, grumswall said:

I feel like this is more of an issue than I intended it to be with my posts. That will be one of the things I do next season though. 

It will all be sorted and announced soon 👍