The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As it stands atm, we have 14 signed players (2 out with acl injuries) plus 7 apprentices some of whom may be released, we are currently threadbare at the back and I'll be very happy see some movement in that department asap, as I've said before that is the weak spot that now needs attention

How can you release apprentices when they're under contract?

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Same way as other players are released........ if they are not good enough, they are told they are free to find another club 

You don't attract youngsters to the club if that's how you treat them.

And in the recent past I don't think we've been guilty of that.

3 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

totally agree, my only wee concern with Murray going after the players he was looking at for Airdrie, is this is a level up. That will open up some new players for Murray to look at, and also re-assess whether some of the players he felt good enough for Airdrie, will be good enough for Raith competing hopefully in the top half Championship. Would

If he applies this policy across the board and all our signings are players from league 1, it'll be a tad worrying, but I'm sure Murray won't be looking at our squad and thinking "if I add half a dozen good league 1 players to these we'll be laughing". 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If he applies this policy across the board and all our signings are players from league 1, it'll be a tad worrying, but I'm sure Murray won't be looking at our squad and thinking "if I add half a dozen good league 1 players to these we'll be laughing". 

I doubt we will sign a load of league 1 players he might mix it with some league 1/Championship and loan premiership club players, but the next priority is resigning players/getting the defence sorted 

I'm happy to sign the best players from League 1 to supplement our squad, which looks roughly what he's doing.

Also worth remembering that the one player we are desperate to keep, Spencer, was such a signing. 

I suspect he's planning on a diamond in midfield, which might limit opportunities for Zanatta and Connolly but makes the signing of Brown make more sense. Means you've got four options (again, assuming Spencer signs, alongside Stanton and Matthews) for the three slots outside of the tip which will be Ross/Easton. 

45 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray previously managed (albeit a poor) Dumbarton in the Championship so he'll know what's required. He's also played at a high level and been coached by big names. Moreover, Easton and by all accounts Brown are the cream from the 1st Division. I don't think you should be worried.

36 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray previously managed (albeit a poor) Dumbarton in the Championship so he'll know what's required. He's also played at a high level and been coached by big names. Moreover, Easton and by all accounts Brown are the cream from the 1st Division. I don't think you should be worried.

I'm relaxed enough about it at the moment. Easton was the divisional player of the year and Brown (if we sign him) was the Peterhead player of the year so no real worries there.

Ideally I'd like at least a couple who have shown they can handle the championship but maybe the best value is to be had by taking league 1 players on.

39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm relaxed enough about it at the moment. Easton was the divisional player of the year and Brown (if we sign him) was the Peterhead player of the year so no real worries there.

Ideally I'd like at least a couple who have shown they can handle the championship but maybe the best value is to be had by taking league 1 players on.

I think brown will sign as Alan temple said in the courier terms have been agreed with Brown, I think it’s just the matter of announcing it now 

Defence and forward positions still need sorted.

Are there any rumours about forwards we are signing? I’m assuming one will be a lump who can hold the ball up and play in all these midfielders we have? Or is Murray planning a different style of play? 

Not sure if anyone here reads/posts on FanTalk but one of the posters who seemed very ITK regarding Poplatnik last season has said Falkirk had offered him a deal which would have made him the leagues highest paid player by miles and that he's turned it down.