The New Raith Rovers Thread

McGlynn will always be a Rovers legend but this is the perfect example of the right change at the right time.

The appointment of Murray has created a real buzz among the fans (well that assumes this forum and twitter are a good barometer for overall fan feelings).

Heard from a good friend of Scott Brown (CM from Peterhead) that we are the club that he is in advanced talks with. Murray was in talks to bring him to Airdrie this summer. Deal should be completed early next week.

5 minutes ago, fnxNTC said:

Heard from a good friend of Scott Brown (CM from Peterhead) that we are the club that he is in advanced talks with. Murray was in talks to bring him to Airdrie this summer. Deal should be completed early next week.

Read someone say something similar in the Airdrie thread. 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If he wants Spencer as well as Brown then I don't like Arnott's chances of getting any game time. 

Feels like we have a packed midfield. I'd prefer we used the budget elsewhere, like a forward or two and a new fullback (even if Tumilty stays)

So if were signing this Scott Brown from Peterhead, surely that means Spencer is away/ or Arnott is getting loaned out….. because Murray has mentioned keeping Spencer the most when interviewed so could be that we go with 6 midfielders next season 

Assuming he can keep Spencer and bring Scott Brown in, we'll not be short for midfield places. If you split the midfield into two lines (the way you would in a 4-2-3-1) you'll have four senior players for the "base" (Spencer, Brown, Matthews, Stanton) and four for the "attack" (Connolly, Zanatta, Ross, Easton). 

That'd certainly put is in a healthier position than last season, but it's a little at odds with Murray's initial comments about a tight squad. 

It's something I'd like to see, I think it's the kind of options you need to have for a proper sustained playoff push, but I don't see that there's the money for that and a full stocked defence, and that's before you get to relying on Vaughan and Gullan to be the only strikers of any note. 

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Assuming he can keep Spencer and bring Scott Brown in, we'll not be short for midfield places. If you split the midfield into two lines (the way you would in a 4-2-3-1) you'll have four senior players for the "base" (Spencer, Brown, Matthews, Stanton) and four for the "attack" (Connolly, Zanatta, Ross, Easton). 

That'd certainly put is in a healthier position than last season, but it's a little at odds with Murray's initial comments about a tight squad. 

It's something I'd like to see, I think it's the kind of options you need to have for a proper sustained playoff push, but I don't see that there's the money for that and a full stocked defence, and that's before you get to relying on Vaughan and Gullan to be the only strikers of any note. 

Well if he’s signing a midfielder/keeps 1/2 players and obviously brings in more then that tells me the budget isn’t as bad as the internet accountants suggest

Because there’s a lot more positions needing work done than midfield we may need 2/3 CHs, a RB or 2 and 2 strikers maybe plus we will have loans as well or we could be selling a few players who knows🤷‍♂️ so it’s interesting to see how many he brings in, because we can’t go with a tight Defence with just 4 or 5 players 

Guess it all depends on what formation he wants to play. If he wants to play 3 in midfield I dont really see an issue with that amount of CMs since suspensions and injuries will happen its a good area to have depth in.

Seems to be popular with the Peterhead fans and was their captain this season

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Well if he’s signing a midfielder/keeps 1/2 players and obviously brings in more then that tells me the budget isn’t as bad as the internet accountants suggest

Because there’s a lot more positions needing work done than midfield we may need 2/3 CHs, a RB or 2 and 2 strikers maybe plus we will have loans as well or we could be selling a few players who knows🤷‍♂️ so it’s interesting to see how many he brings in, because we can’t go with a tight Defence with just 4 or 5 players 

Read a bit about Scott brown and he can play a few positions so that maybe in his thoughts 

57 minutes ago, fnxNTC said:

Heard from a good friend of Scott Brown (CM from Peterhead) that we are the club that he is in advanced talks with...

A tip off - we might then suspect there are other players in advanced talks we haven't been tipped off about