The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s mad…

I’m a huge McGlynn fan and imo for good reason. At times he’s had us playing the best football in 20 years and deserves the respect from all true RR fans for that.

However the interviews from the new gaffer and the first signing of Dylan has me excited.

Maybe a change was needed after all? We’ll see but well done the BOD for what looks like some exciting attempts at us trying to kick on.

The summer signings will be key but it’s fairly obvious the new gaffer has a pied piper effect with players who know him.

8 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It’s mad…

I’m a huge McGlynn fan and imo for good reason. At times he’s had us playing the best football in 20 years and deserves the respect from all true RR fans for that.

However the interviews from the new gaffer and the first signing of Dylan has me excited.

Maybe a change was needed after all? We’ll see but well done the BOD for what looks like some exciting attempts at us trying to kick on.

The summer signings will be key but it’s fairly obvious the new gaffer has a pied piper effect with players who know him.

Pretty much exactly how I see it too. Mcglynn laid solid foundations. We just need someone to come in and add a freshness to it. So far so good for IM

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Pretty much exactly how I see it too. Mcglynn laid solid foundations. We just need someone to come in and add a freshness to it. So far so good for IM

11 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It’s mad…

The summer signings will be key but it’s fairly obvious the new gaffer has a pied piper effect with players who know 

I'm getting that Deja vu feeling, a bit like Frank Connors team to  Jimmy Nicholl

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Not sure about Adeloye but we should be doing everything we can to sign Jack Hamilton. I think he's out of contract at Livi.

He is, but you'd be due us a fair whack of compensation for him. He's been offered a contract and he's only 21, he's been here over 5 years as well so I can't imagine it'd be anything less than £200k given his goal scoring record and potential

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He is, but you'd be due us a fair whack of compensation for him. He's been offered a contract and he's only 21, he's been here over 5 years as well so I can't imagine it'd be anything less than £200k given his goal scoring record and potential

We melted down the gold statue of Mcglynn so we can trade that?

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I don’t think we will go for him but £200k is typical fantasy fan numbers.

more likely you’d buy out his contract which will be nowhere near £4ka week 

Edited by Beastie Russell
Piss poor eyesight

39 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I don’t think we will go for him but £250k is typical fantasy fan numbers.

more likely you’d buy out his contract which will be nowhere near £5k a week 

More likely it would be a smaller initial fee with a big sell on clause, similar to Ethan Ross. 

I can't see us paying any transfer fee this year though so unlikely we'd go for him. 

52 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I don’t think we will go for him but £250k is typical fantasy fan numbers.

more likely you’d buy out his contract which will be nowhere near £5k a week 

You'd be due training compensation, which is where the 6 figure fee came from, I think.

Say it quietly but… Gozie Ugwu? Seems to have got himself fit(ter) since he left us and did well in a broadly rubbish Morton side. Holds the ball up. I wasn’t a huge fan last time around but he has done well since leaving. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Say it quietly but… Gozie Ugwu? Seems to have got himself fit(ter) since he left us and did well in a broadly rubbish Morton side. Holds the ball up. I wasn’t a huge fan last time around but he has done well since leaving. 

I thought he was more effective than Varian who replaced him

Has he not signed on at Morton for next season? If not, he certainly indicated a few days ago on Twitter that he was planning on staying at Morton anyway.

Edit to add, he must have changed the post. When I saw the post it originally said [emoji460]️[emoji170] 22/23 but he must have taken it down and put 21/22 up instead.