The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Don’t do it. You’re setting yourself and your son up for a lifetime of misery!

I'm 42 and have had plenty of misery (and joy) watching the Rovers.

It's my duty as a dad to Subject him to the same.

Far better than him following one of the cheeks.

I am very, very happy to be proven wrong. Tremendous signing. Murray and Agnew will know exactly how to get the best out of him. This is the first time he's really had a key role at this level, but I'm confident he'll fit in nicely with the players we've gone. 

I think Easton will do well at Raith, albeit maybe not as much of a standout as he was this season. He was excellent for us against most teams in the league but it’s fair to say he struggled to make too much of an impact in games against Cove or Montrose. Playing in a better team where he’s less likely to be man marked will help with that though and he’s playing under a manager who trusts him and will let him express himself. He works a lot harder than a lot of people realise too, he’s obviously not suited to playing deep but he will track back and get involved defensively. He’s a joy to watch on his day and it’s great watching him take three players out the game with one bit of skill. He’s at an age now where he needs to kick on and prove he can do it in the Championship and I hope he does well. He was never going to sign for Airdrie again so I’m relieved he won’t be in our league playing against us. 

10 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I think Easton will do well at Raith, albeit maybe not as much of a standout as he was this season. He was excellent for us against most teams in the league but it’s fair to say he struggled to make too much of an impact in games against Cove or Montrose. Playing in a better team where he’s less likely to be man marked will help with that though and he’s playing under a manager who trusts him and will let him express himself. He works a lot harder than a lot of people realise too, he’s obviously not suited to playing deep but he will track back and get involved defensively. He’s a joy to watch on his day and it’s great watching him take three players out the game with one bit of skill. He’s at an age now where he needs to kick on and prove he can do it in the Championship and I hope he does well. He was never going to sign for Airdrie again so I’m relieved he won’t be in our league playing against us. 

We've got a few players like that. Zanatta was in the form of his life in the first half of the season but teams started doubling up on him. We then added Ethan Ross into the mix which meant that they were creating space for each other. Adding in Easton to that mix should, in theory, help create further problems for defences. Hopefully we can announce a new deal for Brad Spencer soon too. 

Saw the lad a few times last year and he has enough to make an impact. Confident and hard working along with an eagerness to go forward.

Brilliant that we are acting quick to show time hasn't been wasted. 

Continuity of that release video will bother my OCD for weeks but isn't it great when a signing  just appears? Beats any ITK twat massaging his ego.

Good work Mr Murray

46 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Good move for him. Cant believe he didn’t move to falkirk given they are such a huge team

He wasn’t a former Hearts youth player…

Sadly after 40+ years as a season ticket holder no season ticket for me for the second season running as they have stuck to their guns like last season and kept disabled seasons ticket prices age related which would mean having to pay  £280