The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, my concern too is that many of the people involved in that singular bad decision are still making decisions at the club, Sim (though he’s no longer chairman and I imagine his priority is back to being SPP and the stadium), our CEO in particular (who I’m amazed is still at the club) and people on the BOD, like you say I’m still not sure quite enough has been done to avoid another car crash.

The CEO has to go in my opinion a conflict of interest is in the making with Smudger at Failkirk. Plus she’s also a brazen liar. 

Getting Sim out is a hell of a challenge and needs at least a couple of million behind it, sadly. Very much a long-term thing. The club and stadium and separate entities and the club is loaded with debt. Quite how we get there isn't clear but I agree it needs to happen. 

Changing the manager and having some change in the boardroom is good and means we can start looking forward. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Getting Sim out is a hell of a challenge and needs at least a couple of million behind it, sadly. Very much a long-term thing. The club and stadium and separate entities and the club is loaded with debt. Quite how we get there isn't clear but I agree it needs to happen. 

Changing the manager and having some change in the boardroom is good and means we can start looking forward. 

Yeah, Sim isn’t going long term, we just have to hope he’s focussed on the stadium for now.

The CEO should be easy to dispose ourselves of though. Who was doing her job before she came in? Clue: it was nobody. I think we’d be better off paying her wage to an extra player.

Edited by Enigma

Theres a vacancy for another Board member, perhaps they guy who owns the Dean Park might be interested, apart from the CEO still hanging around I feel theres been enough movement toward healing the rift, and doubt very much another car crash would happen, the old board were doing just fine for the club up until whoever suggested the January signing to them.

Time to put all that to bed now and get behind the new  manager and his team

14 minutes ago, deeky said:

I take it Raith TV and the press were warned not to mention David Goodwillie or the interview would be terminated?

I don’t think welcoming a new manager, the dawn of a new beginning etc etc is the right time to be asking about that tbf.

50 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

After watching and listening to Ian Murray, I can safely say without a doubt he is the man for the job. He oozes confidence and he talks a really good game. If he can bring that same togetherness he brought to Airdrie that’ll do for me. I seriously thought Airdrieonians worked so hard last season, and that’s down to belief and a strong sense of unity. Murray in my mind has paid his dues. If Ian Murray thinks Scott Agnew is worthy to be his number 2 then I’m right behind it. Plus he’ll stop scoring goals against us😝. Now the fans have to back him too. I’ll be front and centre with contributions and a season ticket. Might not get to all the games because of my job. At least they’ll have my money. The future of the club depends on us the fans.  Say all you like about Steven MacDonald his oratory skills aren’t as honed as our Manager, all he says is “that’s yer lights up pal” or “that’s £50 fur yer lamp”. 

We're fucked.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Theres a vacancy for another Board member, perhaps they guy who owns the Dean Park might be interested, apart from the CEO still hanging around I feel theres been enough movement toward healing the rift, and doubt very much another car crash would happen, the old board were doing just fine for the club up until whoever suggested the January signing to them.

Two members of the old board that were doing “just fine” are gone for good sadly. I think both individuals are a big loss. Yes, we have to move forward but there were a hell of a lot of volunteers doing a lot of work for the club before DG who were a large part of what was good about the club. A lot of them are also now gone, some for good.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Two members of the old board that were doing “just fine” are gone for good sadly. I think both individuals are a big loss. Yes, we have to move forward but there were a hell of a lot of volunteers doing a lot of work for the club before DG who were a large part of what was good about the club. A lot of them are also now gone, some for good.

We are two down on the former establishment of board members just now - Sinton and Clark, and Morgan isn't exactly, um... dynamic. 

McCartney should go but still suspect we need someone with a bit of drive to do a lot of the day to day shit in addition to conning some gullible rich b*****d into giving us loads of money.

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We've recovered from betting scandals, the Anelka affair, and the glesca mafia, We will recover from this, people have choices in life and sadly the ones you refer to have made theirs, I have made mine 

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We've recovered from betting scandals, the Anelka affair, and the glesca mafia, We will recover from this, people have choices in life and sadly the ones you refer to have made theirs, I have made mine 

Pardon my ignorance, but what betting scandals?

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, Sim isn’t going long term, we just have to hope he’s focussed on the stadium for now.

The CEO should be easy to dispose ourselves of though. Who was doing her job before she came in? Clue: it was nobody. I think we’d be better off paying her wage to an extra player.

I've thought for a while the stadium is all he really cares about. All the crap seems to get lumped onto the club itself. Hopefully the media guy is managing him appropriately to prevent him causing another incident. 

All on board with making the CEO position redundant. 

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what betting scandals?

It was a good few years ago when large sums of money were placed on Ayr to beat us which they duly did, if memory serves me right fingers were pointed at a certain scrap merchant

11 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Group stage draw for the League Cup

Aberdeen

Rovers

Peterhead

Dumbarton

Stirling Albion

Group winners along with 3 best placed 2nd teams into the last 16

Reasonable draw, at least we've missed Livi, and Falkirk ............ for now 😉

17 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Group stage draw for the League Cup

Aberdeen

Rovers

Peterhead

Dumbarton

Stirling Albion

Group winners along with 3 best placed 2nd teams into the last 16

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

34 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It was a good few years ago when large sums of money were placed on Ayr to beat us which they duly did, if memory serves me right fingers were pointed at a certain scrap merchant

Calderon's last game. 

A large bet was placed on Raith to lose from an account belonging to a man that later ran Ballingry Juniors into the ground. He claimed his son had placed it. 

There was obviously no way anyone could have foreseen that a weakened team would be fielded. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Calderon's last game. 

A large bet was placed on Raith to lose from an account belonging to a man that later ran Ballingry Juniors into the ground. He claimed his son had placed it. 

There was obviously no way anyone could have foreseen that a weakened team would be fielded. 

I think the figure quoted that the bookies lost was somewhere in the region of £250k........... no a bad days work for a wee laddie

That game at Ayr was one you wouldn't have touched with a barge pole on your coupon.

The relegation issue had been resolved the previous weekend and it was a dead rubber. A punter would have had no idea what strength of team either side would put out.

As said above, £250,000 was staked on Ayr to win and at that time, the entire betting pot for an Old Firm match (outcome, correct score, halftime-fulltime, first scorer) was around £1m.

From what I recall we lost 0-1 and the centre half who miskicked and sold the goal was later signed by, and captained, East Fife. I'm trying to remember who was bank rolling East Fife at that time.

Edited by Specky Ginger