The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Thoughts on David McKay?

Not good enough for championship. Should be above average for league 1. Not that comfortable as a ball playing CB but good in the air.

12 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Thoughts on David McKay?

Can play rb and cb, didn’t play much in the championship until last quarter when we had a lot of injuries and did better than I thought he would. Should do ok in league 1 and will improve with regular game time, won’t be a spectacular signing but he needs to play now, wish him well and hope he kicks on.

34 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The talk about Easton, Frizzell and McInroy is all well and good but are they not all midfielders? Even if we lose Spencer we still have Matthews, Stanton and Arnott in the middle and the likes of Connolly and Ross. I could see us maybe going for one of them, or two at a push but not all of them. 

We really need to focus on a new right back, probably two centre backs and a couple of forwards. 

I'd like to think Spencer will sign up again, definately need a RB, at least one CB, two if Bene moves on, a better LB if Dick can't improve, I'd like to see Williamson come back on loan if poss and two front men, defence is the priority though that was/is our achilles heel

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

You know what?  After looking at the plans, this seems like a sensible plan tbh.  It is not what I had envisioned, which was basically a snug/restaurant for matchday.
I stand corrected.  It makes sense to have it at the North end for the public car parking, and then a straight through into the stadium via the changing rooms for the Jock McStay wannabes jhaving their kick about on the park.  Then a wee cup of coffee and a donut in the cafe after the shower.
Cash going to the stadium company, then hopefully finding its way into the transfer budget.

I would anticipate the revinue generated will be used and saved as part of redevelopment of the pitch and ground in future. I'm sure the stadium redevelopment was done for the eventual reason to have the ground self sustainable from other revinue.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'd like to think Spencer will sign up again, definately need a RB, at least one CB, two if Bene moves on, a better LB if Dick can't improve, I'd like to see Williamson come back on loan if poss and two front men, defence is the priority though that was/is our achilles heel

Glad someone mentioned Dick, seems a nice lad and all but his level of performance over the season was average at very best, hopefully finances don’t dictate that because we have him signed up for a further year we won’t be exploring another player for his position…

Lewis Strapp is out of contract at Morton in two weeks, would love to see us move for him, would be a serious upgrade.

I’m all for the new gaffer cherry picking the best players from Airdrie if possible, at the same time not going mental, one maybe two… as we see on here, mixed reviews on the mentioned names from Airdrie fans and the championship is a step up from where they have been plying their trade, mention of the Celtic boy on loan at Ayr recently is interesting mind..

Another player we have seen plenty of against us is Innes Cameron, doubtful he will be in Killie’s top flight plans next season, if he isn’t, would love to see him in a rovers shirt, maybe on loan? Big, strong, athletic, holds the ball up and knows where the goal is too. Only 21 so can only get better..

Important couple of months shaping our squad, is it inevitable that Benedictus goes to Falkirk? If so we basically need to sign a whole defence, Berra isn’t getting any younger and signs were that his’ niggling’injuries are taking longer to heal than they once did, can his fitness be relied upon? Lang still out for months with no guarantee his return will be seamless so we will need another two centre backs, a new right (and preferably another left) back

Midfield/wide seems fine, especially if one or two of the players mentioned earlier that played for Murray join him at Starks.

Don’t really want to think about up front, Vaughan may return close to his best and stay injury free while Gullan finds his best form on a consistent basis… sad reality is that neither may happen and we are looking for another two or even three strikers…

Anyway, I went off on one there, just wanted to say I want us to sign another left wing back, that is all.

2 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Glad someone mentioned Dick, seems a nice lad and all but his level of performance over the season was average at very best, hopefully finances don’t dictate that because we have him signed up for a further year we won’t be exploring another player for his position…

Lewis Strapp is out of contract at Morton in two weeks, would love to see us move for him, would be a serious upgrade.

I’m all for the new gaffer cherry picking the best players from Airdrie if possible, at the same time not going mental, one maybe two… as we see on here, mixed reviews on the mentioned names from Airdrie fans and the championship is a step up from where they have been plying their trade, mention of the Celtic boy on loan at Ayr recently is interesting mind..

Another player we have seen plenty of against us is Innes Cameron, doubtful he will be in Killie’s top flight plans next season, if he isn’t, would love to see him in a rovers shirt, maybe on loan? Big, strong, athletic, holds the ball up and knows where the goal is too. Only 21 so can only get better..

Important couple of months shaping our squad, is it inevitable that Benedictus goes to Falkirk? If so we basically need to sign a whole defence, Berra isn’t getting any younger and signs were that his’ niggling’injuries are taking longer to heal than they once did, can his fitness be relied upon? Lang still out for months with no guarantee his return will be seamless so we will need another two centre backs, a new right (and preferably another left) back

Midfield/wide seems fine, especially if one or two of the players mentioned earlier that played for Murray join him at Starks.

Don’t really want to think about up front, Vaughan may return close to his best and stay injury free while Gullan finds his best form on a consistent basis… sad reality is that neither may happen and we are looking for another two or even three strikers…

Anyway, I went off on one there, just wanted to say I want us to sign another left wing back, that is all.

Looked like he could cause defenders bother when  he was at Alloa but was fairly fucking woeful all season for QoS.

21 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Wonder if grumswall will renew his season ticket?

I expect a lot of folk who threatened to chuck it after the DG affair will be opening the curtains for the new dawn. I wonder if that snowflake Against The Machine will reinstate "Raith" into his name seeing it caused him so much embarassment🤔

One I definitely don't want to return to the fold is Fat Val.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Looked like he could cause defenders bother when  he was at Alloa but was fairly fucking woeful all season for QoS.

True. He found a bit of form around winter time but 2nd half of season was a washout. I’m not a football scout so mainly going on the games I seen him play for Alloa, both against us and on TV. 

No idea what happened to him at QoS, could be one or a number of reasons he never kicked on but I certainly wouldn’t be writing him off based on the last few months in a really poor Queens side.

9 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Thoughts on David McKay?

Needs games. He played quite a few games at centre half when we were in League 1 and he looked decent enough. He picked up an injury which kept him out for a bit and was then a squad player. McGlynn used him at right back and as an emergency forward, even though he is neither.

10 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I expect a lot of folk who threatened to chuck it after the DG affair will be opening the curtains for the new dawn. I wonder if that snowflake Against The Machine will reinstate "Raith" into his name seeing it caused him so much embarassment🤔

As one of the snowflakes who withdrew what little financial support I provided in the aftermath of the Goodwillie signing, for me the club has now crossed the threshold for me to reinstate where I was previously. I have today reinstated my players fund contribution, lottery tickets and will be purchasing a season ticket once they go on sale.

I think the board have done a really good job since the end of last season moving the club forward from the Goodwillie debacle. It would be good if they could reach out to the ladies team to see if they could return to the club umbrella but other than that I have to say kudos on a job well done.

I expect a lot of folk who threatened to chuck it after the DG affair will be opening the curtains for the new dawn. I wonder if that snowflake Against The Machine will reinstate "Raith" into his name seeing it caused him so much embarassment[emoji848]
You stay classy Raver...

After watching and listening to Ian Murray, I can safely say without a doubt he is the man for the job. He oozes confidence and he talks a really good game. If he can bring that same togetherness he brought to Airdrie that’ll do for me. I seriously thought Airdrieonians worked so hard last season, and that’s down to belief and a strong sense of unity. Murray in my mind has paid his dues. If Ian Murray thinks Scott Agnew is worthy to be his number 2 then I’m right behind it. Plus he’ll stop scoring goals against us😝. Now the fans have to back him too. I’ll be front and centre with contributions and a season ticket. Might not get to all the games because of my job. At least they’ll have my money. The future of the club depends on us the fans.  Say all you like about Steven MacDonald his oratory skills aren’t as honed as our Manager, all he says is “that’s yer lights up pal” or “that’s £50 fur yer lamp”. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Genuinely curious why anyone should be justifying themselves to a couple of anonymous users on a football forum. It was a seismic event in the history of the club but the fans showed strength in numbers and ensured he's not been used.

We’ve been through some serious shit since the turn of the year. A new Manager and a new focus is what was needed. McGlynn was a good coach and motivator. Now we focus on the here and now. The past is gone

The club is making progress however while he’s still on the books and with Sim happy to make public his unwanted views on the matter, I always feel like there’s a car crash waiting round the corner. We need him gone before we can properly move on.

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

The club is making progress however while he’s still on the books and with Sim happy to make public his unwanted views on the matter, I always feel like there’s a car crash waiting round the corner. We need him gone before we can properly move on.

Which I think might happen sooner rather than later. I don’t think Murray will want that kind of negativity seeping into the team. 

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah, my concern too is that many of the people involved in that singular bad decision are still making decisions at the club, Sim (though he’s no longer chairman and I imagine his priority is back to being SPP and the stadium), our CEO in particular (who I’m amazed is still at the club) and people on the BOD, like you say I’m still not sure quite enough has been done to avoid another car crash.

Edited by Enigma