The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Roverss said:

Don’t think Dick is quite championship level tbh and young could do with game time on loan to build up experience. 

Yep agreed, Dick would need to be off the wage bill first before any new LB came in, problem is he's Full time ............. Maybe McGlynn will take him to Falkirk though

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yep agreed, Dick would need to be off the wage bill first before any new LB came in, problem is he's Full time ............. Maybe McGlynn will take him to Falkirk though

Brody also a local boy from the Kirkcaldy area and started every game except 1 that he was on loan at airdrie so Murray must rate him. But yeah, one has to in order to free the wages up.

5 hours ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Dylan Easton and Frizzel to follow supposedly.

2 very good football players,   Easton is box office,   Frizzell more of a grafter, but still effective,   both are front foot players,  helped by a competent supporting cast,    As stated on another thread they both lack pace,  Dylan is electric over 5 yards though,  Frizz Labour's in the running games...

Massive difference between midtable  championship to Upper League one in terms of quality,   look at how many goals scored in League one to championship, night and day,    Is the Championship not a physical, defensive league .....   

Good luck to Dylan and frizz wherever they end up..

56 minutes ago, Roverss said:

Brody Paterson would be a great shout at left back to bring in. Energetic young full back who likes to get up and down the pitch. Out of contract in the summer, gained promotion with Queen’s Park and narrowly lost out on promotion on loan to airdrie last season under Ian Murray, would lead to competition for spots at left back.

Not sure on Paterson making the step up to top end championship was steady enough in league 1 but that’s about it in his time at us.

As for the Easton and Frizzell talk I’d imagine you’d be in for both. Both stood out in our league especially Easty. When the goings good both will shine, I think in the bigger games and when things weren’t going for us they both kind of faded away a bit and are both a bit lightweight. Easton won’t be short of offers, imagine yous would have a good chance of luring Frizz.

One player I’d imagine Murray will defo be eyeing up is Kerr McInroy a standout for us in the first half of the season, not sure how he got on at Ayr but a lot of potential there.

All the best to Murray and Raith. Think airdrie were good to Murray and Murray was good to Airdrie. A good time for both clubs to get a fresh start.

On 23/05/2022 at 18:22, grumswall said:

I'd be quite happy if we went for the hybrid model again. Arbroath have shown how well it can work at this level.

Trolling aside, it would give us the option to get the better pt players in while still being able to sign ft players. Both spells under mcglynn we had that model at some stage and it served us pretty well. 

@Raith_Raverzannata is 100% a confidence player. If you get him full of confidence he is a standout at this level. The problem is keeping him at that level. He does also need a fullback who will support him so he doesn't get doubled up on constantly though. We've had far worse players than him playing for us in recent seasons. 

Raith Raver is 100% correct in his summation 

Just watched the presser there and there were 2 things I took from it. 

1. Steven MacDonald came out and said the board liked Murrays abity to recognise and change the team. Also made mention of the amount of draws last season. 

2. When Murray was asked about out of contract players like Tumilty he very quickly talked about Spencer and the appreciation he has for him but never mentioned Tumilty. 

For me that's Tumilty away and we are going all in to keep Brad. 

If I ever have to do a press conference, I hope I get to sit next to Steven MacDonald too. Ian Murray comes across like one of the world's great orators just by comparison. 
This. Guess you don't need the gift of the gab to punt light bulbs and bedside lamps.

51 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Not sure on Paterson making the step up to top end championship was steady enough in league 1 but that’s about it in his time at us.

As for the Easton and Frizzell talk I’d imagine you’d be in for both. Both stood out in our league especially Easty. When the goings good both will shine, I think in the bigger games and when things weren’t going for us they both kind of faded away a bit and are both a bit lightweight. Easton won’t be short of offers, imagine yous would have a good chance of luring Frizz.

One player I’d imagine Murray will defo be eyeing up is Kerr McInroy a standout for us in the first half of the season, not sure how he got on at Ayr but a lot of potential there.

All the best to Murray and Raith. Think airdrie were good to Murray and Murray was good to Airdrie. A good time for both clubs to get a fresh start.

McInroy is a much better player than Frizzell, and although a different type of player to Easton I'd much rather have McInroy than Easton. A full season with us and he'd have won POTY. He went to Ayr mid-season and his goals/performances effectively kept them up, I can't see Frizzell or Easton having had that impact.

I'd fully expect Murray to try and sign him and he'd be a better signing than Frizzell or Easton.

24 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just watched the presser there and there were 2 things I took from it. 

1. Steven MacDonald came out and said the board liked Murrays abity to recognise and change the team. Also made mention of the amount of draws last season. 

2. When Murray was asked about out of contract players like Tumilty he very quickly talked about Spencer and the appreciation he has for him but never mentioned Tumilty. 

For me that's Tumilty away and we are going all in to keep Brad. 

A couple of good points made , Think that was Mcglynns biggest failure IMO too stubborn to change things and at times would rather draw than have a go point being the last Fife derby where there was huge pressure on the Pars yet we sat back especially the first half and played tippy tippy football at the back where really we should have had a go right from the start, I’m sure Steven Macdonald also stated the board liked the approach of Murray would rather go for the 3 points rather than settle for 1 . 
Regarding resigning players think it’s no secret that RT is more or less away which was almost confirmed today but I have high hopes of Brad resigning firstly he knows the manager + he played with Easton at  Forfar so will have bent his lug and also Murray will certainly try and sign Easton 

The talk about Easton, Frizzell and McInroy is all well and good but are they not all midfielders? Even if we lose Spencer we still have Matthews, Stanton and Arnott in the middle and the likes of Connolly and Ross. I could see us maybe going for one of them, or two at a push but not all of them. 

We really need to focus on a new right back, probably two centre backs and a couple of forwards. 

47 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I hope this is someone coming in and building on top of Mcglynns solid foundation, with a different take on things.

It sounds that way. Even off the pitch he mentions about the togetherness and the bond they had at Airdrie which sounds similar to how McGlynn liked to operate also.