The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, grumswall said:

@Raith_Raverzannata is 100% a confidence player. If you get him full of confidence he is a standout at this level. The problem is keeping him at that level. He does also need a fullback who will support him so he doesn't get doubled up on constantly though. We've had far worse players than him playing for us in recent seasons. 

Yea, I realise that. What I'm getting at is the predictions of Partick and Ayr fans about his attitude and lack of application, which some on here have been influenced by. I get the full back support bit, but I haven't seen any suspicion of lack of application.

I do get frustrated by his tendency to put good chances over the bar, something he needs to work on.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yea, I realise that. What I'm getting at is the predictions of Partick and Ayr fans about his attitude and lack of application, which some on here have been influenced by. I get the full back support bit, but I haven't seen any suspicion of lack of application.

I do get frustrated by his tendency to put good chances over the bar, something he needs to work on.

Agreed you can't really fault his effort. I didn't think he would be a good signing but I think over the course of the season he has been and am happy to admit I was largely wrong on that one. 

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

First a sensible management appointment (potentially) now this. It seems like we're making good steps again. 

Really hope so. Change doesn't happen overnight, but we have the director that came in a couple of months ago and we've one of the old guard out. I remember a few months back there was a hint that there would be change, so perhaps this was part of it. 

Now, can Inverness win and give us another reason to celebrate tonight? 

4 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Allegedly season ticket prices will be frozen with £20 discount for early bird and £10 discount on concessions

Probably fair, let’s be honest been a pretty turbulent season off the pitch with a fair bit of drama between the board and fans over the obvious signing.   New manager in, changers in the board room and with that all combined with the cost of living increase I think freezing the price is a reasonable gesture from the BOD.  

Aye that's right leave the main stand for the old bogeys
The main stand that gets Hehaw improvements or 2nd thoughts even from the directors
And that'll be many of the old fogeys who were supporting Raith long before you were born given the disrespectful tone of your text
The same fogeys who helped  baile out Raith years ago during the Gordon Brown appeal  and like myself have paid for seasons from when Bert Herdsman was manager (well maw bought them for a wee while)and bought shares for no gain and no doubt paid a fair bit into the Andy Milne fund
So sunshine put your brain into gear before engaging your typing finger 

What are you actually expecting as improvements?. It's an old stand. Do you want a big window across it or something to keep out the cold.

I'm glad we won't have St Johnstone with parachute money to contend with in the new season. I'm not bothered by this ICT "hoodoo", our bad luck against them has to change sometime and I see no reason why it won't change this time around.

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Nothing to suggest that so far, but that's not to say it hasn't happened.  Mcglynn made a big thing about being completely full time last season but obviously he's away...

We’re still full time as far as I’m aware and the club hasn’t said anything different unless when Murray comes in he’ll go hybrid system 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Some more good news - Sinton has stepped down.  

https://www.raithrovers.net/54745/boardroom-change-at-raith-rovers-fc.htm

His part in the DG pish aside, i'm led to believe that he at least part paid the wage bill for May out of his own pocket. Skeptical on the truth of this given it makes little sense to do that then leave but still...this was from the same person who told me last Wednesday that Sinton was off. If thats true, fair play to him for digging in again. We've got a lot of players/staff on the books this close season, cannae be cheap. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

His part in the DG pish aside, i'm led to believe that he at least part paid the wage bill for May out of his own pocket. Skeptical on the truth of this given it makes little sense to do that then leave but still...this was from the same person who told me last Wednesday that Sinton was off. If thats true, fair play to him for digging in again. We've got a lot of players/staff on the books this close season, cannae be cheap. 

It would be a hell of alot cheaper without the Goodwillie wage tbh. There's no point putting that to the side when we're still having to pay him every week/ month and the fans sure as f**k didn't vote to sign a rapist, so no idea why we should be left to pay for it. 

58 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It would be a hell of alot cheaper without the Goodwillie wage tbh. There's no point putting that to the side when we're still having to pay him every week/ month and the fans sure as f**k didn't vote to sign a rapist, so no idea why we should be left to pay for it. 

It would be roughly £4k a month cheaper if the previous rumours were to be believed. Given the rumoured monthly wage bill was almost £70k all in, including players and staff etc, it's not a huge difference but a significant amount if someone paid it themselves, assuming it's accurate. You're right though, not many of us wanted to sign a rapist and the cost of his wages should not be covered by anyone but those who wanted him. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It would be roughly £4k a month cheaper if the previous rumours were to be believed. Given the rumoured monthly wage bill was almost £70k all in, including players and staff etc, it's not a huge difference but a significant amount if someone paid it themselves, assuming it's accurate. You're right though, not many of us wanted to sign a rapist and the cost of his wages should not be covered by anyone but those who wanted him. 

That's something the average fan will never find out ultimately. 4k+ a month is a large figure for our club. Especially if the 70k you state is accurate. The elephant in the room is that the club is over a million in debt with planning permission to add more to that. We desperately need some kind of clarification on all that. 

19 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

_105284664_starks_park.jpg.48c570baebd7b3bc358556a6cd0a3daa.jpg

"Right Alex, thanks again for the sponsorship, that's us ready to get that new sign up. Did you have a preference for the font?"

"Aye, could you get the one that Blue Öyster Cult used for the cover of On Your Feet Or On Your Knees?" 

"Of course!" 

487713.thumb.png.7dcc1abdecf93a35da62714208297364.png