The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I would imagine that the available space behind the South Stand isn't sufficient to achieve this, especially as the players car park is up there too. I wouldn't be adverse to home fans moving to the North Stand, its bigger etc and would allow fans to take advantage of the new facilities overall. 

They would need to move all the tiles and names off the stairs tho.

I remember sitting in that stand when we beat Dundee United after McLean left us after 1 game in charge to take over at United. 

Think I prefer the South stand

The home fans were in the North stand for a season back in the late 80’s/early 90’s I seem to remember. I’m not sure why. It felt a bit strange so I’d prefer to stay in the South Stand

Edited by Gregor147

My thinking was that the concourse under the stand next to the railway could be 'built out' from within to facilitate a unit of the same size.  
Car park is easy to relocate to the north end.  
IF we had to move to the North Stand, it would be OK too.  The north end of the Railway stand is seated too, and I would much prefer to be at the side of the pitch.  Access is from the North Stand.
Leave the Main Stand as is, for the old fogeys and the board. ;)

Personally think it is more feasible to have it at the north end , Everyone using the pitch hire accesses from that area I believe along with the parents of some of the youngsters sit in the north end while waiting  , makes it easy parents sitting in the hub for Tea , snacks etc whilst waiting on there kids extra cash for the Rovers. Also Rovers have a big thing of having the general public away from the main stand/ south out with match days 

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the Hub thingy at the North end meant to be? I've seen the artists impression of what it would look like but no idea what the intention is behind it. I'd heard murmerings we were going to use the car park at the North end for something as well but no idea for what.

Must admit when sitting in the North Stand for the Betfred cup games and the first game against Hamilton I quite enjoyed the change of scenery however looking out to the South Stand it just 'looks' like a traditional home end with the close proximity of the Main Stand. I felt a bit isolated in the North Stand watching the games however as a one off it was nice to look out to the home end and seeing the fans celebrating. 

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'm not sitting anywhere other than the South Stand until they change the typeface on that dreadful "Penman Family Stand" sign that's stuck to its roof. I refuse to look at it. 

It's like something from a Nazi war film :lol:

6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'm not sitting anywhere other than the South Stand until they change the typeface on that dreadful "Penman Family Stand" sign that's stuck to its roof. I refuse to look at it. 

Nothing like feeling like spewing looking at the Val  McDermid sign. I hope it's ATF for the start of the new season.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Have you boys went hybrid part time? 

Nothing to suggest that so far, but that's not to say it hasn't happened.  Mcglynn made a big thing about being completely full time last season but obviously he's away...

Just now, CALDERON said:

Nothing to suggest that so far, but that's not to say it hasn't happened.  Mcglynn made a big thing about being completely full time last season but obviously he's away...

No worries.  Thanks.  It may be circumstantial then if one of the players is offered an extension but on a part-time basis. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No worries.  Thanks.  It may be circumstantial then if one of the players is offered an extension but on a part-time basis. 

It's the reason why we lost Kieran McDonald last year so possibly.

The club have been offering support to players for life after football so may be down to that.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's the reason why we lost Kieran McDonald last year so possibly.

The club have been offering support to players for life after football so may be down to that.

Yeah, that would make sense. 

If it's not happened I'm not asking to create shit as it's not my style so leave it at that.

Good luck next season. 

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the Hub thingy at the North end meant to be? I've seen the artists impression of what it would look like but no idea what the intention is behind it. I'd heard murmerings we were going to use the car park at the North end for something as well but no idea for what.

Must admit when sitting in the North Stand for the Betfred cup games and the first game against Hamilton I quite enjoyed the change of scenery however looking out to the South Stand it just 'looks' like a traditional home end with the close proximity of the Main Stand. I felt a bit isolated in the North Stand watching the games however as a one off it was nice to look out to the home end and seeing the fans celebrating. 

Think its facilities for the community use of the pitch - toilets, changing facilities, cafe, offices etc.... You can have a look at the plans on the fife council planning website and theres floorplans and stuff there. Details lodged against the planning application 

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QZ664FHFJPW00&activeTab=summary
Erection of community hub (Class 10) with link structure and associated reconfiguration of existing car parking arrangements

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I did wonder if it would be back on the agenda this season. 

I don't like that some folk are turning against Zanatta. After being a standout he was heavily marked in games but even then looked like he could get goals out of nothing. I don't see anything amiss in his attitude as was predicted when he came.

I'd be quite happy if we went for the hybrid model again. Arbroath have shown how well it can work at this level.

Trolling aside, it would give us the option to get the better pt players in while still being able to sign ft players. Both spells under mcglynn we had that model at some stage and it served us pretty well. 

@Raith_Raverzannata is 100% a confidence player. If you get him full of confidence he is a standout at this level. The problem is keeping him at that level. He does also need a fullback who will support him so he doesn't get doubled up on constantly though. We've had far worse players than him playing for us in recent seasons. 

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

My thinking was that the concourse under the stand next to the railway could be 'built out' from within to facilitate a unit of the same size.  
Car park is easy to relocate to the north end.  
IF we had to move to the North Stand, it would be OK too.  The north end of the Railway stand is seated too, and I would much prefer to be at the side of the pitch.  Access is from the North Stand.
Leave the Main Stand as is, for the old fogeys and the board. ;)

Aye that's right leave the main stand for the old bogeys

The main stand that gets Hehaw improvements or 2nd thoughts even from the directors

And that'll be many of the old fogeys who were supporting Raith long before you were born given the disrespectful tone of your text

The same fogeys who helped  baile out Raith years ago during the Gordon Brown appeal  and like myself have paid for seasons from when Bert Herdsman was manager (well maw bought them for a wee while)and bought shares for no gain and no doubt paid a fair bit into the Andy Milne fund

So sunshine put your brain into gear before engaging your typing finger