The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kudos to the club including information in the Rovers Digest email about the Young Teams fundraiser and also on Twitter as well. It would be nice if the club could put a small contribution over to them, I'm sure that'll give them a buzz knowing they have the backing of the club to help them improve the atmosphere at games (maybe they have, I'm not sure. Not looked at the fundraiser for a bit). I look forward to what ideas they have. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Kudos to the club including information in the Rovers Digest email about the Young Teams fundraiser and also on Twitter as well. It would be nice if the club could put a small contribution over to them, I'm sure that'll give them a buzz knowing they have the backing of the club to help them improve the atmosphere at games (maybe they have, I'm not sure. Not looked at the fundraiser for a bit). I look forward to what ideas they have. 

It will backfire when they unveil a giant sack the board banner at the league cup opener.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Will McGlynn swoop in for him now or have we at least made an approach asking for first refusal.

That’ll be up to the new manager. He’d probably want his own signings. It would be great having him back though. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

I wouldn’t be against signing Matej, I really liked him, and although his ability isn’t great, his work rate and endeavour are excellent. 

However, if we did sign him, I reckon we’d still need another couple of forwards who were a fair bit better than him. 

Far too many games passed him by for us to be able to hang our hats on him. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I wouldn’t be against signing Matej, I really liked him, and although his ability isn’t great, his work rate and endeavour are excellent. 

However, if we did sign him, I reckon we’d still need another couple of forwards who were a fair bit better than him. 

Far too many games passed him by for us to be able to hang out hats in him. 

I doubt the budget will sign more than one or two forward/wings, given our current trove signed.

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

St Johnstone 2-0 up already in the playoff. 

Another season of Caley, just to cheer us all up. 

Fucksake I was desperate to get rid of those c***s and their pet referee. 

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

St Johnstone 2-0 up already in the playoff. 

Another season of Caley, just to cheer us all up. 

Maybe we’ll get a manager who can beat them.

49 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The last Rovers manager to do so was Peter Hetherston. 

I was at that game, great day out. 

Anyway, it's 2-2 now. Would rather ICT went up. Normally a shite away crowd at Starks and obviously we're shite against them. 

22 hours ago, Michael W said:

The last Rovers manager to do so was Peter Hetherston. 

Read this thinking that can't possibly be right. f**k me, it is. I remember the Hetherston season and recording back-to-back 4-1 home wins against ICT and Ross County. Changed days indeed.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I see planning permission has been granted for the community hub at the north stand. That’s good news. Hopefully a small step forward in repairing links with the community.

I canny be the only one who is thinking it is at the wrang end!  

Surely for a matchday experience it should be at the South Stand, whereby easier access can be gained, and a wee half time visit could also be gained without running the wrath of away fans prior to the game?  
Unless, in his superior gracefullness and thought process, Sim is gonny chuck us all in the North Stand again? 

1 minute ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Surely for a matchday experience it should be at the South Stand, whereby easier access can be gained, and a wee half time visit could also be gained without running the wrath of away fans prior to the game?  
Unless, in his superior gracefullness and thought process, Sim is gonny chuck us all in the North Stand again? 

There's not exactly enough space at the South end for it.

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I would imagine that the available space behind the South Stand isn't sufficient to achieve this, especially as the players car park is up there too. I wouldn't be adverse to home fans moving to the North Stand, its bigger etc and would allow fans to take advantage of the new facilities overall.