The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 16/05/2022 at 09:03, Scary Bear said:

I’ve seen Harry Potter. Men are wizards. Is this some sort of deal where he doesn’t identify as a man or a woman?

Not actually true. Witch derives from wicce and wicca, the respectively female and male practitioners of wiccacraft or, as it became known, witchcraft. Witch is an appropriate term for either male or female in this role, but has commonly become associated with primarily female practitoners externally.

Warlock, on the other hand, derives from pærloga (Old English), or breaker of oaths/deceiver. It has become a common term for a male Wiccan practitioner to those outside Wicca, but within the practice, witch remains preferred. In its initial form, it was a term for the devil.

On 16/05/2022 at 12:08, RRFC_Liam said:

Niall Russell replied on it saying amazing if true with eye rolling emoji and if any knows about Raith TV interview being scheduled it will be him, so very much doubt it will happen Wednesday 

Whoosh! 

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Can all money donated be on the understanding that they permanently drop their appalling “Norrie’s in a box” song when we play the Pars.  Absolute embarrassingly shite patter that should never be heard at any future games. I’m all for encouraging the young fans to get behind the team but that one needs to be dropped. 

25 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can all money donated be on the understanding that they permanently drop their appalling “Norrie’s in a box” song when we play the Pars.  Absolute embarrassingly shite patter that should never be heard at any future games. I’m all for encouraging the young fans to get behind the team but that one needs to be dropped. 

No need as we will probably not face the Pars for a few years 😀

Can't say I've ever heard that one but it sounds grim. Daft laddies and all that. We sang some horrific songs too when I was a young 'un.