The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fox seems to only be in the running because he's pals with Berra and MacDonald. 

It's impossible to tell whether Thomson is a good manager or not but when you look at the other names, if we can't get Murray, it has to be him for the job.

Well I think it's fair to say that name caught us out a bit. We have no objective view on how good he is, other than having a not unexpected nightmare at a car crash club - Cowdenbeath. Speaking of which, anyone going along to Central Park on Saturday?

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Well I think it's fair to say that name caught us out a bit. We have no objective view on how good he is, other than having a not unexpected nightmare at a car crash club - Cowdenbeath. Speaking of which, anyone going along to Central Park on Saturday?

I half thought about it.

Would have gone along to support Cowdenbeath if they had any realistic chance of pulling it round, but really don't want to be there to see them drop out of the league.

I'd be delighted if they turn it around and for the second Saturday in a row I'm cursing myself for not attending a game in West Fife.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I can see us ending up with Berra and A.N.Other the way its going,

Whos leaking the shortlist stories to the press, when the closing date isn't till tomorrow

Probably guess work or there’s someone at the club leaking this to see the reaction to said names

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Probably guess work or there’s someone at the club leaking this to see the reaction to said names

They've got form for leaking something to see the reaction and then completely ignoring the reaction I suppose.

Fox is an interesting one.  His choice to manage Cowdenbeath at 33 and with very little coaching experience at Hearts was a bold one that didn’t pay off but he should have learned from that experience.  He’s since coached back at Hearts and been assistant manager at livi and Dundee united.  Jack Ross was talking him up on Sportscene after last nights game.  I’d be willing to give Fox a shot if it is him over some of the suspects being named. 

3 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Fox is an interesting one.  His choice to manage Cowdenbeath at 33 and with very little coaching experience at Hearts was a bold one that didn’t pay off but he should have learned from that experience.  He’s since coached back at Hearts and been assistant manager at livi and Dundee united.  Jack Ross was talking him up on Sportscene after last nights game.  I’d be willing to give Fox a shot if it is him over some of the suspects being named. 

Tomorrows press will have him favourite to become Some English teams manager no doubt

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Tomorrows press will have him favourite to become Some English teams manager no doubt

Aye the Scottish *** or the Daily Celtic will have him as favourite For Forest Green or something I’m still surprised Thomsons no been paper linked with that job 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I don't doubt Fox has learned etc, but appointing a manager who managed a team to the bottom of the SPFL in his last gig is a tough sell.  

Aye fair point but he’s had 5 more years learning his trade….Cowdenbeath are a shambles of a club most would struggle there 

Murray, Ellis, Berra, Thomson, Fox Mickey Mouse?  Ambivalence has kicked in and I'm realising I just feel numb, as far as I can see there's not a name out there that would make me rush to the ground and buy a season ticket.

The past season was more than just a damp squib and I'm getting past caring, I feel a disconnect from the club that I haven't felt since those fun days of Anelka and McGowan.

I should be upbeat about the future and desperate to see the right man come in and take the club forward. Unfortunately the events of the last year just seem to see us lumbering from a misjudgment to error, incompetence and eventually to farce, where is there any evidence would justify some optimism that the trend is about to be broken?

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Murray, Ellis, Berra, Thomson, Fox Mickey Mouse?  Ambivalence has kicked in and I'm realising I just feel numb, as far as I can see there's not a name out there that would make me rush to the ground and buy a season ticket.

The past season was more than just a damp squib and I'm getting past caring, I feel a disconnect from the club that I haven't felt since those fun days of Anelka and McGowan.

I should be upbeat about the future and desperate to see the right man come in and take the club forward. Unfortunately the events of the last year just seem to see us lumbering from a misjudgment to error, incompetence and eventually to farce, where is there any evidence would justify some optimism that the trend is about to be broken?

Really not sure who you think we could get instead bud tbh

For young managers, there first job is quite often there last. For Raith to appoint Fox after what he oversaw at Cowdenbeath is a bold one and it may or may not pay off. I’m not aware of Cowdenbeath being a shambles of a club though? Maybe I’m just blissfully unaware of there situation but it seems the only thing they’ve done wrong since relegation from the Championship is appoint bad managers which would appear to be down to having a restricted budget.

No doubt he’ll have become a better coach in the five years since but he won’t have gained anything in terms of management. It’s stuff like that you can only really gain on the job.

Thomson seems a safer bet because he hasn’t failed yet although my pessimistic side would tel me that that’ll happen at his next job.

Replacing McGlynn is similar to us having to replace McCall and thats not an easy task.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Really not sure who you think we could get instead bud tbh

Ok, 

As I see it the progress and upward momentum of the club in the past 3 seasons would hopefully  suggest a continuation of that progress no? ie a better manager coming than we already had.

As I see it none of the names mentioned (except for Jack Ross) is an upgrade on what we had in the previous manager, ergo what was the point in shuffling him out the door?

Hopefully in 6 months time I'm on here with a big spoon eating humble pie, but in the mean time I feel we have leaped without looking or to put it another way thrown out the baby with the bathwater. 

26 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Aye fair point but he’s had 5 more years learning his trade….Cowdenbeath are a shambles of a club most would struggle there 

Gary Locke had a few years managerial experience under his belt before coming to us...

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Gary Locke had a few years managerial experience under his belt before coming to us...

Yeh but not everyone who has failed at some point is completely useless….McGlynn was sacked twice in his career