The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Slight change of subject but would love to see us sign Dylan Easton from Airdrie for next seasonโ€ฆ he played at kelty under Thomson and I know Thomson was keen to have him back for next seasonย 

Not a position of need, given our current crop of signed wingers, especially those favoring the left side. Possibly room in the midfield, but not sure.

Slight change of subject but would love to see us sign Dylan Easton from Airdrie for next seasonโ€ฆ he played at kelty under Thomson and I know Thomson was keen to have him back for next seasonย 

Easton left Kelty for Airdrie about a week after Thomson was appointed.

6 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Ah your right actually, but stillโ€ฆ. cracking player, proven goalscorer in his primeโ€ฆ take him over zanatta any dayย 

OK, but Zanatta is already signed upโ€ฆas is Rossโ€ฆand Connollyโ€ฆand Gullanโ€ฆand Vaughanโ€ฆplus Mitchell, Mahady and Coulson. We know the budget is tight, weโ€™re more than paper thin at the back, ainโ€™t no money for this.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Has Easton ever played at this level? He seems to have floated about the bottom two tiers aside from that spell at Kelty.ย 

13-14, St. Johnston, played 5โ€™ vs Hibs and 5โ€™ vs FK Minskโ€ฆplus 3 bench sessions.

Scott Brown could go either way. Much as I didnโ€™t like his on field antics, I donโ€™t ย think heโ€™d necessarily transfer that to the role of manager. And his career shows he was obviously smarter and more switched on than the likes of Oโ€™Connor, Riordan and Griffiths. Not sure how heโ€™d cope with Sim mind.ย My suspicion has always been that weโ€™d go for the cheap option or someone that Sim feels he can control. Berra or Ellis would fit that.ย 
If Ellis gets the job we're as well just preparing for league 1 the following season. That and a massive reduction in season ticket sales. Yawn.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
On 10/05/2022 at 12:31, roverthemoon said:
Scott Brown could go either way. Much as I didnโ€™t like his on field antics, I donโ€™t ย think heโ€™d necessarily transfer that to the role of manager. And his career shows he was obviously smarter and more switched on than the likes of Oโ€™Connor, Riordan and Griffiths. Not sure how heโ€™d cope with Sim mind.ย My suspicion has always been that weโ€™d go for the cheap option or someone that Sim feels he can control. Berra or Ellis would fit that.ย 

If Ellis gets the job we're as well just preparing for league 1 the following season. That and a massive reduction in season ticket sales. Yawn.

Some may argue we're going to have that regardless...ย 

Fox would be a no from me. He seems to be doing fine as a coach/assistant, but led Cowdenbeath to 10th place in League Two which isn't inspiring. He has probably learned a lot since then, right enough.ย 

I may also be prejudiced by him playing for us and not being very good.ย 

Edited by Michael W

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Fox would be a no from me. He seems to be doing fine as a coach/assistant, but led Cowdenbeath to 10th place in League Two which isn't inspiring. He has probably learned a lot since then, right enough.ย 

I may also be prejudiced by him playing for us and not being very good.ย 

I think he is worth talking to, good to see the club isnโ€™t going down usual candidates route and think you maybe a bit prejudice as you say he wasnโ€™t great as a player for us

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fox should be nowhere near us after the Cowden 'loan' debacle. The level of some of the candidates who are touting themselves is a bit depressing. I'm not expecting Scotland's finest but some of them are pretty grim prospects.ย 

Not sure who you expect tbh๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ He is part of a successful management team at Dundee Utd, apparently a good coach, worked with Berra and Macdonald so ticks a few boxes, who could help Cowdenbeath the way they have been for years๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Think he is worth talking to, he may not accept as United now in Europeย