The New Raith Rovers Thread

From the rumours going about I would interview the following to see what there plans are if they applied

1) Kevin Thomson

2) Ray McKinnon 

3) Scott Brown

4) James Mcpake

5) Christophe Berra

would definitely want Ian Murray but I don’t think he will apply. I think that’s not a dream shortlist just a realistic one. Tin hat on now 😂😂

16 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

From the rumours going about I would interview the following to see what there plans are if they applied

1) Kevin Thomson

2) Ray McKinnon 

3) Scott Brown

4) James Mcpake

5) Christophe Berra

would definitely want Ian Murray but I don’t think he will apply. I think that’s not a dream shortlist just a realistic one. Tin hat on now 😂😂

Fair enough. Personally, I'd hope Rovers exclude McKinnon on point of principle.

55 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

What's Craig Easton doing these days ?

Why is it that some fans constantly want us to go with an ex player or in this case an ex coach. We don't need Ellis, he failed at QP, we don't need Craig Brewster, we don't need Colin Cameron last I heard he was driving taxi's. Craig Easton hasn't done much either with us or since he left. 

Ian Murray IMO is who we should target, he has Airdrie playing well and scoring goals. He is still relatively young, but experienced in management. 

On 04/05/2022 at 00:14, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Just skimmed through.

Thanks McGlynn, good servant of the club, Paul Smith is the bigger loss for me though.

If Tumility drops to league one I’ll be astonished. His runs down the wing and final balls can be of SPL standard for me. Brad Spencer is top half championship also. 

Unfortunately this is a great signing for Falkirk and the board will now be desperate to get out the league that they might just throw the sink at it and offer wages that players can’t resist. We’ll be the first club to lose players if he’s given a budget.

I think our budget will be severely reduced this season. We still have a lot of dross under contract thanks to Holt some on three year deals like McKay n McCann. I think McGlynn is going to have to be really shrewd. Yes there's a load that have left, but with Dunfermline, Kelty, and possibly Queens Park in the league next season I don't see us having the biggest budget at all. 

15 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Hopefully not managing the Rovers.

14 hours ago, renton said:

He was assistant manager at Cowdenbeath under Bollan. Not sure if he's still there. 

Absolute non starter for me. Same with Ellis.

14 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Does bbc sportsound reporting on games I think

I'm not saying I'd want him as a manager but I'd have him back in a heartbeat over Scott Brown or anyone else with little or no coaching experience.

Brown will likely be Barry Ferguson mk 2. No way should any team in our league be giving him a gig.

Agree that its horrendously slim pickings all round, especially with the best two managers in the league below content to stay part time in Angus.

Fleetwood is a good move for Brown, I think. He will be distanced from the media attention he would undoubtedly receive in Scotland, which should remove a potential distraction. 

Still wish he'd gone to England as a player, though.

17 hours ago, Been going too long said:

1) Kevin Thomson

2) Ray McKinnon 

3) Scott Brown

4) James Mcpake

5) Christophe Berra

One down…

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Fleetwood is a good move for Brown, I think. He will be distanced from the media attention he would undoubtedly receive in Scotland, which should remove a potential distraction. 

Still wish he'd gone to England as a player, though.

Plenty chip shops there as well.

See the source image