The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

All of this would also apply to Barry Ferguson, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't fancy him as the next Raith Rovers manager. 

Personally, I would rather shit in my hands and clap than have that ned arsehole as manager.

From what I know about Scott Brown (for what ever this is worth) is that his persona on the pitch is entirely different to his persona off the pitch and that he's actually a fairly good egg. However none of the names being floated around particularly fill me with joy, Scott Brown included. 

Although the thought of Brown coaching Ross Matthews into the maddest b*****d in Scottish Football does intrigue me just a little.

1 minute ago, MC_Lachlan said:

From what I know about Scott Brown (for what ever this is worth) is that his persona on the pitch is entirely different to his persona off the pitch and that he's actually a fairly good egg. However none of the names being floated around particularly fill me with joy, Scott Brown included. 

Although the thought of Brown coaching Ross Matthews into the maddest b*****d in Scottish Football does intrigue me just a little.

Now there's a thought!  😆

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Played in the top tier of Scottish football for best part of his career,played in many big european games, played under some very good managers,a scottish internationalist and a short spell coaching at Aberdeen

No bad going for a thicko eh?

Pretty sure if he was that much of a thicko he wouldn,t have achieved that

Barry Ferguson had a similar CV and is available.

Damn! Beaten to it.

Edited by Scary Bear

It's slim pickings out there for sure.  I have to admit I'd hope Brown would come with a relatively experienced coaching team.  Whittaker has been complicit in that absolute shit show down the road.

13 minutes ago, MC_Lachlan said:

11 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Now there's a thought!  😆

Davo V2.0?

4 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

What is the issue with folk not wanting Brown? 

Character.  Pure and simple.

4 hours ago, Jilted John said:

The fans and sponsors seem to have dropped away after the Goodwillie saga and we need to generate a bit of interest in the club again. Scott Brown would bring that.

The type of character he portrays is not what we need to rebuild the standing of the club.

Of course he might not carry that persona into management and if we appoint him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'd rather not take the risk, especially when combined with the risk his complete absence of managerial experience brings.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

What do his undeniable playing achievements have to do with intelligence? You can name just about any number of ex-players that played at an equivalent or higher level that you wouldn't put in charge of a Sunday roast let alone a football club. Many of them can be found on punditry panels, spouting all sorts of nonsense. 

What gets you buy as a player won't get you by as a manager. Brown was captain of Celtic for a long time so there is a case for proven leadership, but does he have the ability to understand what might change a game, address weaknesses in the side etc? Is he tactically aware? 

He would be a better appointment than someone like Danny Lennon, but I find it very hard to see him as a manager. 

•  
    •  

•  

“Brown comes across as an absolute thicko, which is enough for me. “

Your reason for not wanting him as manager

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

All of this would also apply to Barry Ferguson, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't fancy him as the next Raith Rovers manager. 

Nowhere in my post I stated I want Brown as manager

Was pointing out his career and what hes achieved for someone deemed a thicko

Edited by Rovers_Lad

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:
  •  
    •  

•  

“Brown comes across as an absolute thicko, which is enough for me. “

Your reason for not wanting him as manager

What does this have to do with his achievements in football as a player? 

Edited by Michael W

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Nowhere in my post I stated I want Brown as manager

Was pointing out his career and what hes achieved for someone deemed a thicko

The point I, and several others, was that being a good football player does not mean that you aren't a thicko, or that you could be a good football manager. Barry Ferguson was an excellent footballer, but is demonstrably a shite manager, and a total moron. 

Any role in life when your on the shop floor your one of the guys but then step up to a management role you change ,  Scott brown is a winner and earned the respect of many players /managers throughout the years pity the Rovers team didn’t  show some of Scott browns mentality in the second half of the season . Am I a fan of Scott brown ?certainly not but you can’t just write the guy off because you particular don’t like him we are hardly an appealing club at the moment and the realistic chances of striking gold with the current crop of out of work managers are slim to none so I’m not wanting to rule anyone out . Personally Kevin Thomson or Ian Murray for me as they have managerial experience but then it comes down to players budget / managerial wage on offer, It’s certainly a very difficult decision for the board who are hardly experts at the moment for making the correct decisions.

Edited by basher brash

49 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Character.  Pure and simple.

The type of character he portrays is not what we need to rebuild the standing of the club.

Of course he might not carry that persona into management and if we appoint him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'd rather not take the risk, especially when combined with the risk his complete absence of managerial experience brings.

He's a completely untested coach and manager. An absurd idea to appoint him

20 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

What's Craig Easton doing these days ?

He was assistant manager at Cowdenbeath under Bollan. Not sure if he's still there. 

Absolute non starter for me. Same with Ellis.