The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It’ll be Partick I think

If Airdrie come up, you’re probably right.

Morton vs Ayr
Inverness v Cove
Arbroath v Dundee
Accies v Airdrie

Which would leave us playing each other.

If QP are promoted then switch it to Thistle v QP and Rovers v Accies.

I don’t think the St Johnstone/Arbroath/ICT scenario will affect you as whatever two of them are in the division will be somehow paired with Dundee and Cove.

34 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If Airdrie come up, you’re probably right.

Morton vs Ayr
Inverness v Cove
Arbroath v Dundee
Accies v Airdrie

Which would leave us playing each other.

If QP are promoted then switch it to Thistle v QP and Rovers v Accies.

The 'Colin McGowan is a c**t' derby. 

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't know why, but I've warmed to the idea of Scott Brown being manager.  Would be interesting if nothing else. 

It would be a big risk, but probably a much better than employing some failed jobber.

If Broony comes, a Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox would be written in the stars for next season.

Given the closing date for applications is this coming Friday, I'd be surprised if we're too far down the road of making an appointment.

The BBC website has Brown being linked with a coaching role at Leicester, which would blow any offer we could make, out of the water.

However, I'm not convinced Brendan Rodgers will be at Leicester next season.

A wee bit of looking forward, Mitchell scored a game winner for Bo’ness last Saturday, bringing his total on loan to around goals in 10 appearances (missed several with a hip injury). Yes, it’s LL, but he’s also very young and raw, but scoring because he’s got speed and a nose for the ball. Would love to see him get some time in League Two (or even One) next year.

(Wonder if JMcG might fancy him next Spring at Falkirk, if he can get some good time in League Two, and doesn’t appear for us)

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

A wee bit of looking forward, Mitchell scored a game winner for Bo’ness last Saturday, bringing his total on loan to around goals in 10 appearances (missed several with a hip injury). Yes, it’s LL, but he’s also very young and raw, but scoring because he’s got speed and a nose for the ball. Would love to see him get some time in League Two (or even One) next year.

(Wonder if JMcG might fancy him next Spring at Falkirk, if he can get some good time in League Two, and doesn’t appear for us)

Next Spring, if JM doesn't get Falkirk up near the top he'll be sacked.

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Hopefully Brown does the thing he didn't do as a player and goes down south. 

Agreed. On a positive note, that article also says there isn’t a number one target at the stage but that Ian Murray and Kevin Thomson are the other ‘frontrunners’ alongside Brown.

They are also reporting that Laurie Ellis and Csaba Laszlo have applied. Both of those are a big no for me, despite Ellis’ status as a player.

Kevin Thomson or Ian Murray would definitely be my preference. I know Brown started his coaching badges at a young age so it’s not something he is just jumping into but he has no experience of being an outright manager at all, not even at youth football which makes it too big a gamble for me.

The fact he has helped out coaching at Aberdeen and the Pars this season is hardly a glowing reference either, although I appreciate he probably had very limited input, particularly with Dunfermline. If Kevin Thomson joined us, the Kelty job would probably be an ideal place for Brown to learn his trade.

48 minutes ago, Raithie said:

One things for sure we'll be helluva outbid by Fleetwood if they decide they want Brown. 

Good. I really don’t want Brown.

Edited by Enigma

What is the issue with folk not wanting Brown? He may not have the experience in the dugout but he would command instant respect in the dressing room.

McGlynn had zero experience as a manager before he came but folk seem to completely forget that. He then didn't manage for years but again folk didn't really question that when he returned.

We aren't going to get a brilliant experienced manager without potential flaws. It's either going to be an experienced ex pro looking for their first job, a manager from leagues below looking to step up or one from the usual crew of the washed up or sacked brigade.