The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

Can't be as bad as the Gary Locke Hearts fest at Starks Park. 

Did our board not have some meet Gary Locke corporate thing when we played Hearts? Utter cringe when you see players or managers who are more interested in their former club than the team that employs them. Recall Kris Boyd playing for Killie but writing his column about Rangers who were in the same division as them.  Just strikes me as extremely unprofessional if you’re employed by a club, that should be your focus.  If you want to drone on about Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs etc go join them or work as a pundit. 

Did our board not have some meet Gary Locke corporate thing when we played Hearts? Utter cringe when you see players or managers who are more interested in their former club than the team that employs them. Recall Kris Boyd playing for Killie but writing his column about Rangers who were in the same division as them.  Just strikes me as extremely unprofessional if you’re employed by a club, that should be your focus.  If you want to drone on about Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs etc go join them or work as a pundit. 

There was a thing at the Strathearn hotel the same night that we played Hearts in the cup.

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

There was a thing at the Strathearn hotel the same night that we played Hearts in the cup.

Knew there was something, whole period under Locke was really unprofessional.  Shit results aside he turned us into a Hearts tribute act retirement home for his pals and we had idiots like Rudi Skacel who were more interested in winding up the Hibs fans than actually playing football for Raith. 

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

At the risk of triggering some folk in our support who hate Val McD, Football Focus apparently have a feature on our former women’s team today. BBC1 at noon. 

It's no longer a risk, she can GTF

Edited by Raith_Raver

Maurice Ross in advanced talks with you lads to become manager. Three year contract.

Aye very good.

This’ll be the same Maurice Ross that won’t manage another professional football team up here as he relegates Cowdenbeath out of the leagues?

I’m assuming you’re a bit bored today?

23 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye very good.

This’ll be the same Maurice Ross that won’t manage another professional football team up here as he relegates Cowdenbeath out of the leagues?

I’m assuming you’re a bit bored today?

It's true. He's not travelling with the Cowden squad to Bonnyrigg today. 

Why would we encourage CVs to be in for a certain date, and then less than a day later say "We're just going with this guy"? Smacks of a random name just being rumoured for the job. 

He seems to have picked Cowden up slightly given how they were under Bollan but we need much better than that. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I'm pretty sure it was cancelled due to lack of uptake.

It was some crazy amount of money for some purvey and a Q&A with Locke and Skacel.

The sad thing is, it probably didn't even make the top ten catastrophic decisions made by those in charge that season.

Why would we encourage CVs to be in for a certain date, and then less than a day later say "We're just going with this guy"? Smacks of a random name just being rumoured for the job. 
He seems to have picked Cowden up slightly given how they were under Bollan but we need much better than that. 

It’s not true anyway. Was just a Dundee United fan coming on attempting to start a rumour.

It’s not true anyway. Was just a Dundee United fan coming on attempting to start a rumour.
Yeah, there's an article in the Scotsman from Alan Patullo where they were talking about Cowden done at most 3 days ago (they were talking about Open Goal and Broomhill).

Yeah, there's an article in the Scotsman from Alan Patullo where they were talking about Cowden done at most 3 days ago (they were talking about Open Goal and Broomhill).

Yeah I read that article as well. Nothing about Rovers in it and it actually says that he’ll be kept on at Cowden for next season regardless of what happens with their playoffs. And the article was from yesterday I’m sure.