The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Genuine question, what realistic appointment would excite the fans? . 

Craig Levein. A former Scotland manager and Rovers fan.

Ian Murray. Had Airdrie playing well and challenging for the title, albeit a league below.

That’s about it. I have a shit imagination. Anyway, I have no say in the matter.

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Craig Levein. A former Scotland manager and Rovers fan.

Ian Murray. Had Airdrie playing well and challenging for the title, albeit a league below.

That’s about it. I have a shit imagination. Anyway, I have no say in the matter.

Whilst either of those would possibly please, or satisy some fans.... it would be a stretch to describe them as exciting.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Anyway why the clamour for Kevin Thomson. My dear auld gran passed away 20 years ago and could still manage Kelty with the cash they have. Btw I smell a Gretna coming. 

New material finally 😆

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I feel it's probably no coincidence your form improved when he rarely featured. 

Funnily enough the only real low point during the improved form was a dramatic late collapse against Dumbarton when Riley-Snow and Adam King had come on together in centre midfield. 

23 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Whilst either of those would possibly please, or satisy some fans.... it would be a stretch to describe them as exciting.

At our level that's about as good as it gets unfortunately. 

There's nobody out there who is attainable with the sort of recent track record that would excite us. 

Other than a Levein or Murray type, the only alternative would be a younger, unproven manager who comes in and talks a good game and makes a couple of promising early signings. 

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Funnily enough the only real low point during the improved form was a dramatic late collapse against Dumbarton when Riley-Snow and Adam King had come on together in centre midfield. 

I've rarely seen as bad a substitute as BRS. When he came on for us, almost without exception he would get nowhere near the pace of the game and end up being more of a hindrance than a help. 

29 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

When was the last time you were excited by the Rovers?

1 hour ago, RosscoRiot said:

The last 6 months was inconsistent and the run of 10+ games without a win warranted a sacking, Jack Ross was mercilessly sacked with Hibs still sitting 3rd in the Premiership. The only saving grace was the spfl challenge cup win. I'd love to see Jack Ross take the club forward but I can't see that happening. McPake wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Ross knocked back 250k a year to manage queen's park so I can't see him signing up for Raith anytime soon I'm afraid. 

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At our level that's about as good as it gets unfortunately. 

There's nobody out there who is attainable with the sort of recent track record that would excite us. 

Other than a Levein or Murray type, the only alternative would be a younger, unproven manager who comes in and talks a good game and makes a couple of promising early signings. 

Exactly, short of telling me that we’ve been taken over by some wealthy sheik and Klopp is coming to Starks, those appointments are as good as it gets. 

Getting Yogi was a well received appointment among the Rovers fans but that went south quickly. Great at winning home games. Couldn’t win an away game (or a play-off) to save his life.

McGlynn coming back was fairly exciting.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ross knocked back 250k a year to manage queen's park so I can't see him signing up for Raith anytime soon I'm afraid. 

Pfft, we chucked that sort of money away without a moment's thought in the January window...

With apologies to Laura for pulling a tweet across to here, which I think is a little shady... 

I think this is important, especially given how opaque the club have been about Karen Macartney's duties since she joined. 

So the club - a football club, mind - hired a Chief Executive who couldn't be involved in any football contract matters, presumably because of the conflict of interest. 

Which opens up a whole barrel of questions, all of which further call into question the leadership at the club. 

Once again, though, I'm going to cry out for some communication. There's so much acrimony at the moment and at least some of it will inevitably be directed at the wrong people because we've got absolutely no idea who does what at the club. If that's all changing now that Paul Smith has left (!?) then it's the perfect time to lay out the roles and responsibilities for everyone from the owner down through the CEO, the Chairman and the new look board. 

The thing is looking at the rest of the championship of we could pick anyone else's manager I think you would struggle to get overly excited. 

Campbell has done wonders at Arbroath but doubt he could do it again and I'm expecting an Arbroath collapse as his side get older and teams work them out. 

Imrie has had a great start at Morton getting them organised.

That's about it I just don't think there's all that many managers to get excited about. 

In terms of the unemployed nd likely candidates it's even worse.

Some of the names give me genuine fear. 

5 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

With apologies to Laura for pulling a tweet across to here, which I think is a little shady... 

I think this is important, especially given how opaque the club have been about Karen Macartney's duties since she joined. 

So the club - a football club, mind - hired a Chief Executive who couldn't be involved in any football contract matters, presumably because of the conflict of interest. 

Which opens up a whole barrel of questions, all of which further call into question the leadership at the club. 

Once again, though, I'm going to cry out for some communication. There's so much acrimony at the moment and at least some of it will inevitably be directed at the wrong people because we've got absolutely no idea who does what at the club. If that's all changing now that Paul Smith has left (!?) then it's the perfect time to lay out the roles and responsibilities for everyone from the owner down through the CEO, the Chairman and the new look board. 

If said CEO has had no dealings with contract matters then. 

1. What is her role 

2. Why is she now spearheading the recruitment of a manager. Was it a case of there previously being a conflict of interest in which case back to point number 1. 

25 minutes ago, pub car king said:

If said CEO has had no dealings with contract matters then. 

1. What is her role 

2. Why is she now spearheading the recruitment of a manager. Was it a case of there previously being a conflict of interest in which case back to point number 1. 

What football knowledge expertise does she have to pick who is best to be first team manager, not being sexist but seriously, who on the board could do that🤷🏻‍♂️

34 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The thing is looking at the rest of the championship of we could pick anyone else's manager I think you would struggle to get overly excited. 

Campbell has done wonders at Arbroath but doubt he could do it again and I'm expecting an Arbroath collapse as his side get older and teams work them out. 

Imrie has had a great start at Morton getting them organised.

That's about it I just don't think there's all that many managers to get excited about. 

In terms of the unemployed nd likely candidates it's even worse.

Some of the names give me genuine fear. 

Agree with you. Having said that, Imrie's Morton bottom of the form table for last 5 & 10 games. Just a new manager bounce before settling into shite like the rest of the bunch mentioned.

Levein for me. A punt is too risky at the moment. May not excite the fans but who would after losing a management team that have given us 3 top 5 Championship finishes. We've had 4 in total. 

Edited by pantene proV

54 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Not being involved with football contract matters would surely be in contradiction to what Val McDermid had said over the Goodwillie situation.

25 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

What football knowledge expertise does she have to pick who is best to be first team manager, not being sexist but seriously, who on the board could do that🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't trust any of them. Hopefully they'll be getting some outside guidance from somebody