The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Just over a week to get the applications in. 
Suppose it could be looked on either way

- a short timeframe so feels very rushed 

- eager to get the new guy in to get things rolling. 

I can’t see managers in the play offs wanting to commit to that so we can likely rule out Ian Murray and Stewart Petrie, albeit he was never really realistic. 

Play offs didn’t stop McKinnon from talking to Dundee United.

31 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

This recruitment process could just be a smoke screen, and they already know who they want in and making it look like they’re doing a proper process 

By law they have to. 

25 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Just over a week to get the applications in. 
Suppose it could be looked on either way

- a short timeframe so feels very rushed 

- eager to get the new guy in to get things rolling. 

I can’t see managers in the play offs wanting to commit to that so we can likely rule out Ian Murray and Stewart Petrie, albeit he was never really realistic. 

I know it’s legal requirement but maybe they’ve got there man in mind already but doing interviews and applications as it law 

21 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

By law they have to. 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I know it’s legal requirement but maybe they’ve got there man in mind already but doing interviews and applications as it law 

There is absolutely no law that you have to advertise vacancies. 

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

Have to admit that my excitement over the start of a new era is being dampened somewhat by the list of candidates seemingly available. 

My excitement is dampened when I look at our board and former chairman. The very people who are charged with finding the next manager are not themselves well qualified to conduct the interview process.

Just now, Beachbum said:

My excitement is dampened when I look at our board and former chairman. The very people who are charged with finding the next manager are not themselves well qualified to conduct the interview process.

Yip, it's hard to see how this ends well.

30 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There is absolutely no law that you have to advertise vacancies. 

Correct.

I think the board are probably just trying to show transparency and that they are following a correct process. Adverts like that probably wouldn’t have been made public had we had faith in the board. 

Edited by Jilted John

22 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm not hugely fussed for an explanation. If it was taking a big uplift in pay and an extended deal then I'm happy he's away as the last 6 months warranted nothing of the sort.

Get the advert oot and start recruiting. We've not got the worst squad in the world so I refuse to believe we are not an attractive option for someone. Who tho, f**k knows!

The last 6 months was inconsistent and the run of 10+ games without a win warranted a sacking, Jack Ross was mercilessly sacked with Hibs still sitting 3rd in the Premiership. The only saving grace was the spfl challenge cup win. I'd love to see Jack Ross take the club forward but I can't see that happening. McPake wouldn't be a bad shout either.

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Correct.

I think the board are probably just trying to show transparency and that they are following a correct process. Adverts like that probably wouldn’t have been made public had we had faith in the board. 

There also might be an element of let’s see who applies, even if the board maybe does have a couple of names in mind.

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Correct.

I don't remember seeing a vacancy for CEO before we appointed one.  

11 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

The last 6 months was inconsistent and the run of 10+ games without a win warranted a sacking, Jack Ross was mercilessly sacked with Hibs still sitting 3rd in the Premiership. The only saving grace was the spfl challenge cup win. I'd love to see Jack Ross take the club forward but I can't see that happening. McPake wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Thanks James for joining the forum, not sure you would understand oor twang in the Lang toun😂😜

24 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

I don't remember seeing a vacancy for CEO before we appointed one.  

We appointed her while all was well in the world. Everything that the board do is under the microscope just now so they will be thinking that showing due process is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We appointed her while all was well in the world. Everything that the board do is under the microscope just now so they will be thinking that showing due process is a good thing.

Yeah I think it was Bill Clark who brought her in initially, helping out with marketing and such. Sim made her CEO.