The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Maybe you can sensibly explain how a belief in the possibility of out of contract Spencer joining McGlynn in League 1 makes the club deserving of fans like me...

"That should be interesting"

8 hours ago, grumswall said:

I think you're a moron. A troll and a moron.

Feel free to explain how I'm a hypocrite.

Spencer is a player who has offers from clubs at a higher level than falkirk.

You where the one who described other fans as being "deserving of the manager they get"

As I thought, anything but explain your nonsense; anyone can see the stupidity of your post. I'm not responding to your attempts to change the subject - you're an arsehole.

9 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Anyone know how Kelty played under Thomson compared to Ferguson? Was there an improvement on the pitch as well as continued league success.

Miles better. Press more, quicker tempo, and most importantly stronger at the back. Ferguson was poor defensively. Thomson is far superior as a manager.

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

To be fair to Thomson, he won a title a level higher than Ferguson and over a season, rather than 13 games. The year before too it was very close between Kelty and Bonnyrigg when the league was called early, despite the difference in budget. Thomson won a better league by a convincing margin and Kelty fans seemed to think he was a much better manager than Barry. You would hope so too, given Ferguson has none of the qualities required to be a manager. 

I doubt Riley-Snow will stay with Alloa, he has hardly featured since Rice came in and he wasn't exactly great before that either. 

Riley Snow did the HT draw at the Rovers v Killie game. He was asked if he had enjoyed his time at Rovers? The answer was yes. He was then asked if he had enjoyed his time at Alloa? He was noncommittal but I didn’t get the impression he had enjoyed it.

Edited by Scary Bear

10 hours ago, Michael W said:

Scott Burns was the one that first reported McGlynn to Falkirk. 

I wouldn't object to Thomson, who has made a success of himself at Kelty and is a young manager finding his way in the game. However he has had a fairly easy time there in terms of the backing he's been given relative to the other clubs and he won't get that with us. However, he would need to promise that under no circumstances will he bring Jamie Barjonas with him. 

Maybe Barjonas has improved? What age was he when he came to us?

Aye, I heard the rumours last night that Kevin Thomson was the favourite. I suppose if we’re going for a young manager, we could do worse.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It'd be very Martindale to turn him into a Premiership level winger. He's turned Sean Kelly into a great CDM

Has anyone noticed Martindale at any of our games? Who does he send to do scouting? The only manager I have noticed in the Main Stand recently was St Mirren’s guy.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’d give Thomson a chance, but have a very low threshold for him being in the media talking up the Rangers. 

That is my main concern regarding Thomson as well. I want a manager who is fully committed, not one who appears on Rangers TV every second week.

Edited by Tiger Driver

1 minute ago, Railwaystand said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-mcpake-new-twist/?amp

if we are going to bring in just one J McPake this summer then I hope it’s this one. 

for no other reason than it means it’s not the other one. 

I'm guessing that was written before McGlynn left. He'll no doubt be Falkirk bound now.

34 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Riley Snow did the HT draw at the Rovers v Killie game. He was asked if he had enjoyed his time at Rovers? The answer was yes. He was then asked if he had enjoyed his time at Alloa? He was noncommittal but I didn’t get the impression he had enjoyed it.

Not surprised by that. He arrived into an unhappy camp followed by a change of manager shortly after. Rarely featured under the new manager as our form improved dramatically and didn't show much when he did. 

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Not surprised by that. He arrived into an unhappy camp followed by a change of manager shortly after. Rarely featured under the new manager as our form improved dramatically and didn't show much when he did. 

I feel it's probably no coincidence your form improved when he rarely featured. 

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

D28ACBDA-A243-4BD3-8956-CEC3D7DAEFAA.jpeg.06088c5dc547e8b0e5680717332af9ea.jpeg

Ah well at least Karen McCartney can run the candidates past Paul Smith…..

What a fucking joke it is that she’s still in post.

Recruitment being run by someone whose husband just fucked off to Falkirk. 

Shambles. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Shambles. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Shambles. 

This recruitment process could just be a smoke screen, and they already know who they want in and making it look like they’re doing a proper process 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

This recruitment process could just be a smoke screen, and they already know who they want in and making it look like they’re doing a proper process 

Or it could just be a clusterfuck like most things at RRFC at the minuite.

Just over a week to get the applications in. 
Suppose it could be looked on either way

- a short timeframe so feels very rushed 

- eager to get the new guy in to get things rolling. 

I can’t see managers in the play offs wanting to commit to that so we can likely rule out Ian Murray and Stewart Petrie, albeit he was never really realistic.