The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't doubt he will but not sure it'll be good enough, especially if the Pars end up going down also. 

If we go down we're in a pretty bad way, our list of players under contract is grim. 

I appreciate I'm not a Raith Rovers fan so I won't hold him in as high a regard, but I'm not at all sure that McGlynn will be a success at Falkirk,  for whatever reason he's not done well anywhere apart from Raith, he just seemed to fit at Starks Park. 

Paul Hartley seems a decent enough manager and he had a nightmare at Falkirk, Ray MacKinnon done well enough at Raith and then shocking at Falkirk. 

I get the feeling that Falkirk, much like Dunfermline really are a shambles in allot of senses. If McGlynn doesn't hit the ground running the fans won't take long to turn, the prospect of a fifth season at league one will make the fans very jumpy. 

For many reasons, I hope it goes absolutely fucking terribly. 

Edited by Grant228

I do wonder about how this might unsettle some of our contracted players. The likes of Gullan (remember him) and Ross are on long term deals and presumably coming back to play under McGlynn was a big part of the draw for them.
Having said that, this sort of stuff happens all the time in football so they'll just have to suck it up.
The issue for a new manager is they have to play them. There is no option of having them on the sidelines because they aren't good enough in thier eyes.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we go down we're in a pretty bad way, our list of players under contract is grim. 

I appreciate I'm not a Raith Rovers fan so I won't hold him in as high a regard, but I'm not at all sure that McGlynn will be a success at Falkirk,  for whatever reason he's not done well anywhere apart from Raith, he just seemed to fit at Starks Park. 

Paul Hartley seems a decent enough manager and he had a nightmare at Falkirk, Ray MacKinnon done well enough at Raith and then shocking at Falkirk. 

I get the feeling that Falkirk, much like Dunfermline really are a shambles in allot of senses. If McGlynn doesn't hit the ground running the fans won't take long to turn, the prospect of a fifth season at league one will make the fans very jumpy. 

Facts 

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Laurie Ellis did well enough at QP,  before he was binned

Could do worse

I’m not sure he necessarily did well, but they’ve not really done any better since emptying him.

Anyone think if McGlynn fucks it with Falkirk say in the 2nd season and he’s nowhere near promotion does anything they will pull the plug, he’s on good Doh there and is being back quite heavily apparently I just don’t think he’ll get the time there unlike here 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m not sure he necessarily did well, but they’ve not really done any better since emptying him.

Still his team that's there and they replaced him with coyle so hard to judge. Ellis is a good guy and by all accounts good coach, but a good coach doesn't always make a good manager. 

20 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Apparently Brad Spencer is going there as well 

No, there is a news paper article suggesting out of contract players might follow him. If it's Bene and Riley Snow then good luck to them.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Laurie Ellis did well enough at QP,  before he was binned

Could do worse

Didn't he just draw a f**k tonne of games and make the fan base generally miserable?

Just now, renton said:

No, there is a news paper article suggesting out of contract players might follow him. If it's Bene and Riley Snow then good luck to them.

It says Bene and Brad Spencer as he’s out of contract as well and I think Riley-Snow will stay at Alloa 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

It says Bene and Brad Spencer as he’s out of contract as well and I think Riley-Snow will stay at Alloa 

Aye, the article took a look at who was out of contract, took into account Spencer's quotes in the press previously and then wrote "possibly".

I doubt we'll see Spencer in a Rovers shirt at this point again, but would still suspect he will get another offer at this level, and he's still young enough that consistency at this level could lead to the Premier. No point cashing in his chips for a 2 year contract in league 1 yet.

If Poplatnik is leaving Livingston he’ll be looking for a club higher than League 1, he proved he can score goals at this level why wouldn’t he look for a club at Championship / Premiership level. The reason for a player like him to drop is to prove themselves, he’s already done that.  Honestly some of the names getting linked with Falkirk seem a bit over the top. Players want to play at the highest level not drop down because they like a manager. I’d expect Bene might join them and they might get someone like Dick or McKay for that level. It’s Falkirk in League One they’ve been a shambles for a few years John McGlynn isn’t a lightning rod that’s going to have players rushing from the top 2 divisions to sign for them. 
Poplatnik is the type of player Partick would buy to fit in nicely with the little and large strike team with Graham.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Always a danger for any club trying to do a rebuild is they don’t hit the ground running and one of your rivals does and you’re playing catch-up. As has been mentioned League 1 is going to be a competitive league next year.  Falkirk, QotS Kelty, and three from the playoff teams with Alloa always looking for a wee adventure to the Championship. It’s probably the strongest it’s been for a while. Is McGlynn the right man for Falkirk? will he get the time if he doesn’t hit the ground running? Only time will tell. 

Don’t envy your current position with the possibility of that League next season.  With our playoff record we’d already be doomed in your position 😂

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

I was under the impression that Spencer was joining McGlynn and Smudger; if he stays that's great news, but his eulogy of McGlynn in the article makes sound unlikely.

His interview seemed more with a view to John McGlynn staying at Raith, doubt he was aware of Falkirk interest at the time, absolutely no doubt he thinks highly of John McGlynn but is he willing to drop to league 1? or is he wanting to play at the best club offering terms? He’s a decent player and I doubt he’ll be short of offers. Guess it’ll come down to his priorities.  

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I was under the impression that Spencer was joining McGlynn and Smudger; if he stays that's great news, but his eulogy of McGlynn in the article makes sound unlikely.

Him saying he hopes they sign on for next season means he's going to drop down a league? Our club has the supporters it deserves... 

Scott Burns in the Scottish Express claiming Kevin Thomson is the front runner and has a get out clause in his contract at Kelty….also in the frame is McPake and Danny Lennon who has admirers with the boardroom at Starks Park.