The New Raith Rovers Thread

The next future management superstar is out there somewhere, I'd like to see us take a wee gamble on someone in the twilight of their playing career that has played at international level. Berra fits the bill for that, as does Scott Brown. It's a total roll of the dice but appointing some journeyman, been round the blocks like Jim Duffy or Tommy Wright would be a disaster.

No idea if anyone with that CV would be interested but we are currently an established championship club with Premier League ambitions. It could be a good start to a managerial career for someone.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Naismith and Berra to take the reigns, maybe even Scott Brown with A. N. Other

Steven or Gary Naismith?  not keen on brown at all never took to him and hate his pantomime villain character but given some of the names banded about we could do worse I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The next future management superstar is out there somewhere, I'd like to see us take a wee gamble on someone in the twilight of their playing career that has played at international level. Berra fits the bill for that, as does Scott Brown. It's a total roll of the dice but appointing some journeyman, been round the blocks like Jim Duffy or Tommy Wright would be a disaster.

No idea if anyone with that CV would be interested but we are currently an established championship club with Premier League ambitions. It could be a good start to a managerial career for someone.

If Berra and Brown could get on with each other, I think I'd be all for giving them the chance

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

We are definitely in the same position when sir Jimmy took over except we are full time, if Duffy, hopkin , Crawford etc get it I think I will greet 😢

When we were looking for a new manager I advocated Levein both times. 

Might not mean much right enough but I really didn't want Grant or Hughes. I think Levein would be a solid, good appointment. 

9 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Gordon Strachan with Brown as his assistant? 

not sure I’d be keen myself but maybe Strachan could be tempted by a managerial role again? 

If strachan gets any job it will be Dundee unfortunately for us 

55 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Manchester City play with no striker and are the best team in the world. Levein was a forward thinker. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having no striker in your team, as long as everyone else is pushing up and making runs into the box.

I think Ian Murray would be a decent replacement. He's had season on season progress at airdrie similar to how mcglynn has been with us, bar this season obviously. Having been in league 1 he will know of any hidden gems at that level as well, similar to how we found Spencer etc. If we're taking a punt on a younger manager then it will surely be berra though. Already knows the squad so knows where we need to improve and does have a bit of coaching behind him. 

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having no striker in your team, as long as everyone else is pushing up and making runs into the box.

Of course there isn’t with the correct team - Levein likes to pretend he was some kind of visionary, when in reality it was absolutely fucking mental given the set up of that Scotland team. It can work for a possession based side, not so much one who needs an outball as we watched the ball sail up the middle of the park to absolutely no one all game. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course there isn’t with the correct team - Levein likes to pretend he was some kind of visionary, when in reality it was absolutely fucking mental given the set up of that Scotland team. It can work for a possession based side, not so much one who needs an outball as we watched the ball sail up the middle of the park to absolutely no one all game. 

Aye, long ball with no striker was an interesting call.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Aye, long ball with no striker was an interesting call.

Playing Mackie as a second RB he was so deep one of my other memories. Saying all that - I’m sure he would still be a decent manager at this level. 

Hearing a rumour that Smith was offered the job but turned it down to remain an assistant. If correct then any rumour of McPake is a load of nonsense as club clearly have no plan in place. If also correct then it makes our "Chief Executive's" position untenable in my opinion. That's no longer any conflict on interest but how can we believe that she had no idea he husband was negotiating a new job with another club behind her back.

Also heard a small rumour that Benedictus and Spencer have agreed to join Falkirk and that are trying to agree a deal with Tumilty.

The discussion of McGlynn or no McGlynn is no longer an issue or relevant. The fact that he's gone and we might now lose our captain, right back and main central midfielder at the same time is an absolute disgrace and nobody on that board should remain in place.

HR expert on the board! Don't make me laugh.

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

and that are trying to agree a deal with Tumilty.

I’ve heard he’s off to st mirren, league one is way below his level. Bene is slowing up and league one would suit him, Spencer would be a cracking signing for them tho 

Edited by Offshore Rover