The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

You still think they Are capable of any of that?

The gang of 4 are obviously so incompetent they couldn't run a bath never mind a football club.

Wonder how many of the players will follow John McGlynn to Falkirk? It's no secret that many of the guys we signed during his time chose the Rovers over other better heeled outfits, why? because he was there and he is liked and respected by players.

Said for months now we are likely to sign Danny Lenon, watch this space!  Yup that'll have season tickets flying off the shelves.

5 years of upward momentum spectacularly fucked by a hapless buch of egotistical incompetents.

Angry and upset but no longer by any means surprised.

No, frankly I dont.

I'll be watching through my fingers at who is appointed, I think we all know it's going to be a total clusterfuck. 

I feared at the time that the Goodwillie signing was like a Nuclear bomb going off, the fallout will be felt for years and we won't start to move forward until all involved either move on or genuinely learn the lesson and show genuine contrition. Where we end up before then is anyone's guess but I don't think there is a lower limit, we could genuinely end up at the dregs of league 1 or even into League 2

So far the only board members to be replaced were the ones who opposed the signing anyway. Getting them back in to replace some who sanctioned it would be progress off the field, as would the owner acknowledging the disaster and fronting up the cash to get rid of Goodwillie for good.

The CEO is still there doing f**k knows what as her Husband fucks off to one of our fiercest rivals who are currently a full league below us and until very recently the laughing stock of the whole of Scottish Football. She needs to gtf too.

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The CEO is still there doing f**k knows what as her Husband fucks off to one of our fiercest rivals who are currently a full league below us and until very recently the laughing stock of the whole of Scottish Football. She needs to gtf too.

From what I hear she's far too busy outsourcing in-house stuff and lining up contract to her pals and firms in Edinburgh, local club? Ha!

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Remember standing on the terracing in Prague watching a scotland team with no recognised striker in a 4-6-0 formation

That would pull the punters in 😉😅

Manchester City play with no striker and are the best team in the world. Levein was a forward thinker. 

10 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Ian Murray - Depending on play offs 

Stewart Petrie - same as above (I couldn’t care less about the Pars connection, just want the best man for the job) 

Kevin Thomson - Cut his teeth in Rangers youth coaching and done what he has needed to with Kelty and looks to be ambitious. 

Any of those 3 I’d be happy with. 

Knowing our luck we’ll get Davo with Bene as his assistant… (jokes) 

I'll pass on all 3.

Murray was bang average at Dumbarton and complete dogs hit at St Mirren without Jack Ross, ok he might have improved some but I'm not fully convinced.

Stewart Petrie I just cant see coming, if he's wanted a FT job he'd have been in (and probably out of ) one already. Forbye he's totally unproven above L1 which despite a few attempts he hasn't got out of past the play-offs.

Kevin Thomson might still be well thought of by Rangers but he's very much untested, I mean come on Claude Anelka could have managed a Kelty side with that much financial muscle behind it to the title. There also the fact that he is rumoured to be an absolute walloper!

Other in the mix I've heard.

Lennon - No!

McPake - f**k no!

McKinnon - Never again!

Glass - Really?  No!!!

Hartley -  Nope!

Holt, Hopkin, McPhearson, Darran Young, Naismith Jesus the list of absolute shite is endless!

Ross? - I wish! (he's probably still pissing himself laughing at us from last time!)

Wright? - Jury is oot!

Laurie Ellis and Berra?    - By no means ideal but better than some of the above.

Doug Imrie? - well....

Unless there's something truly amazing comes out of left field I think we're fucked!

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'll pass on all 3.

Murray was bang average at Dumbarton and complete dogs hit at St Mirren without Jack Ross, ok he might have improved some but I'm not fully convinced.

Stewart Petrie I just cant see coming, if he's wanted a FT job he'd have been in (and probably out of ) one already. Forbye he's totally unproven above L1 which despite a few attempts he hasn't got out of past the play-offs.

Kevin Thomson might still be well thought of by Rangers but he's very much untested, I mean come on Claude Anelka could have managed a Kelty side with that much financial muscle behind it to the title. There also the fact that he is rumoured to be an absolute walloper!

Lennon - No!

McPake - f**k no!

McKinnon - Never again!

Glass - Really?  No!!!

Hartley -  Nope!

Holt, Hopkin, McPhearson, Darran Young, Naismith Jesus the list of absolute shite is endless!

Ross? - I wish! (he's probably still pissing himself laughing at us from last time!)

Wright? - Jury is oot!

Laurie Ellis and Berra?    - By no means ideal but better than some of the above.

Doug Imrie? - well....

Unless there's something truly amazing comes out of left field I think we're fucked!

If we can hing aff till Xmas, a certain John McGlynn might well be available.  :P

Not getting the Levein love at all. Wouldn’t want him. Despised him as a Scotland manager and his car crash at Hearts really puts me off. I think he’s stuck in his ways, we need somebody with new ideas.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'll pass on all 3.

Lennon - No!

McPake - f**k no!

McKinnon - Never again!

Glass - Really?  No!!!

Hartley -  Nope!

Wright? - Jury is oot!

Doug Imrie? - well....

Fair enough, out of curiosity, if you had the keys to the kingdom who would you go for? 

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

f**k that! 

Have you heard some of the ridiculous shouts on match days?

I'm curious as to why folk are against Berra getting a chance? 

Actually, I think appointing Berra as player manager a la Grant Murray isn't a long shot. It wouldn't be any more of a risk than most of what's been suggested.

12 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Actually, I think appointing Berra as player manager a la Grant Murray isn't a long shot. It wouldn't be any more of a risk than most of what's been suggested.

Agreed. 

I'd rather give him a chance than the vast majority of the names we've seen on here already. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I still largely blame the board here but McGlynn helped make us a pariah and has now fucked off. Club legend status is now officially revoked.

He may have left, but I don’t really blame him. I suppose it would be nice if he could do us a favour and take Goodwillie with him. 

History will show that he won us League One x 2, Challenge Cup x 2, got us to a Scottish Cup semi-final, got us our highest league finishes since the 90s; 2nd in the First Division 2010/11 and 3rd in the Championship 2020/21. Easily the second most successful manager after Jimmy Nicholl. Just a shame he couldn’t see the job through and get us to the Premiership.

Hopefully James McPake or whoever does a Jimmy Nicholl rather than a Gary Locke.

I think that McPake will be our new manager, however if we wait a few weeks we may be able to approach Calum Davidson if St Johnstone are relegated. 

With McPake he will need an assistant, Jimmy Nicholl filled that position for a time at Dundee. Maybe a player assistant manager with Charlie Adam who is out of contract I believe.