The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, CALDERON said:

Levein for me, one last hurrah with the club he supports.

I was once keen but he managed to relegate the team with the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland who have gone from strength to strength since he’s left. I hated him as a Scotland manager too, he’s a dinosaur.

Absolutely no chance at all but talk of Levein reminded me of Austin McPhee. Wonder if he would fancy having a crack at being a manager. Local connections too.

4 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

We have a no bad core of players and there is space in each position for a new manager to make his stamp. I reckon we've got about 2 to 3 weeks to run a recruitment campaign. There's plenty of chance to build a team beyond that.

The last 4 months have been fucking murder and I'm glad they are behind us. Now there is an opportunity to really freshen up the squad and re-engage with the community aspects of the club. Been quite clear that McGlynn has not enjoyed the last few months either and I wasn't particularly looking forward to starting the next campaign with more of the same.

A big big couple of weeks for the board to show their credentials. A decent, forward thinking appointment and a deal to rid the club of Goodwillie gets us fully to the next chapter. Whilst I have little faith, you just never know....

It 's the hope that kills you :) 

You still think they Are capable of any of that?

The gang of 4 are obviously so incompetent they couldn't run a bath never mind a football club.

Wonder how many of the players will follow John McGlynn to Falkirk? It's no secret that many of the guys we signed during his time chose the Rovers over other better heeled outfits, why? because he was there and he is liked and respected by players.

Said for months now we are likely to sign Danny Lenon, watch this space!  Yup that'll have season tickets flying off the shelves.

5 years of upward momentum spectacularly fucked by a hapless buch of egotistical incompetents.

Angry and upset but no longer by any means surprised.

I do wonder about how this might unsettle some of our contracted players. The likes of Gullan (remember him) and Ross are on long term deals and presumably coming back to play under McGlynn was a big part of the draw for them.

Having said that, this sort of stuff happens all the time in football so they'll just have to suck it up.

I think regardless of who we appoint you'll never please everyone. We've no idea who we'll be looking at, who'll be interested and how that person will fair when they are in the job. One thing we ain't going to do is win a watch and pick up someone who has formally been hugely successful elsewhere. Had anyone heard of McGlynn before we took him on as manager?

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I do wonder about how this might unsettle some of our contracted players. The likes of Gullan (remember him) and Ross are on long term deals and presumably coming back to play under McGlynn was a big part of the draw for them.

Having said that, this sort of stuff happens all the time in football so they'll just have to suck it up.

Exactly this. 

However, imagine Ross at least has a 'standing in the laddie's way' clause in his contract so need to act to try and soothe ruffled feathers and try and get a decent recruitment going on the management side.

On 20/04/2021 at 16:19, stevoraith said:

I genuinely don’t think McGlynn would go anywhere, even given the chance.

He’s had a go at managing his boyhood team and it didn’t work out.
He’s had another go at managing in the premier and it didn’t work out.

When he came back he said Raith was the only gig that would tempt him back to management.

Sometimes people and clubs are just perfect fits for each other and McGlynn and the Rovers are exactly that.

I could be wildly wrong of course but another team coming and pinching McGlynn is not something I worry about at all, I think we’ll have him for as long as the partnership is successful.

I posted this almost a year ago to the day.

How times change.

Anyone got a copy of the season saved from about the end of November that we can re-load and try again?

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I think regardless of who we appoint you'll never please everyone. We've no idea who we'll be looking at, who'll be interested and how that person will fair when they are in the job. One thing we ain't going to do is win a watch and pick up someone who has formally been hugely successful elsewhere. Had anyone heard of McGlynn before we took him on as manager?

McGlynn was recommended to us by Levein