The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

So, now they are away at last.....

Who do we REALLY think is in with a shot of taking on the biggest challenge in Scottish fitbaw next season?

I would realistically say Ian Murray (assuming Aidrie blow promo).  Get in a 'future' manager as n.o 2.

Would like to see Jack Ross, but don't think he is that desperate tbh.

Ian Murray a decent shout, jack Ross no chance. My worry is Berra or Kenny miller gets it because they are a big name

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I left it alone because I was enjoying the freakout caused by the rumour, but McPake said recently during his media flurry (I think on the Open Goal podcast?) that he wasn't interested in returning to a managerial position any time soon I believe. That could clearly change but he's also recovering from knee surgery so I sincerely doubt he'd be particularly motivated at this moment for a position, no matter the enticement as the Raith job would be for plenty of managers in Scotland.

McPake to Raith and bring in Griffiths would be irony overload :lol: 

The CEO has to go as well for me. How the f**k have we lost our management team when she's living in the same house as one of them. Not to mention various other debacle she's overseen. 

The timing of of it is fucking horrendous. What decent players we have out of contract will most definetly be away. Other clubs will swoop in like vultures now. Even the likes of Benedictus will likely be gone as well because he's not going to wait around for some new guy to come in and decide he doesn't fancy him. 

Talk of a reduced transfer budget is also going to put off any decent manager not to mention our fucking embarrassment of a board who couldn't find their own arse with both hands. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:
Ian Murray a decent shout, jack Ross no chance. My worry is Berra or Kenny miller gets it because they are a big name

Il load Kenny Miller into our trebuchet for you and send him straight over.

Please don’t send him to east end 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Using the who was last on Off the Ball logic it’s Graeme Murty. I wouldn’t be resistant to that, been a coach down south and up here for years, a bit like McGlynn 1st time round in that he’s been a caretaker but not had a crack at a first team job in his own right. Seems a nice guy.

Edited by Enigma

We have a no bad core of players and there is space in each position for a new manager to make his stamp. I reckon we've got about 2 to 3 weeks to run a recruitment campaign. There's plenty of chance to build a team beyond that.

The last 4 months have been fucking murder and I'm glad they are behind us. Now there is an opportunity to really freshen up the squad and re-engage with the community aspects of the club. Been quite clear that McGlynn has not enjoyed the last few months either and I wasn't particularly looking forward to starting the next campaign with more of the same.

A big big couple of weeks for the board to show their credentials. A decent, forward thinking appointment and a deal to rid the club of Goodwillie gets us fully to the next chapter. Whilst I have little faith, you just never know....

It 's the hope that kills you :) 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Using the who was last on Off the Ball logic it’s Graeme Murty. I wouldn’t be resistant to that, been a coach down south and up here for years, a bit like McGlynn 1st time round in that he’s been a caretaker but not had a crack at a first team job in his own right. Seems a nice guy.

🤦🏻‍♂️ Who knows 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Don’t want him either, I could have managed Kelty to that league this year

To be fair there’s plenty of mangers who’ve managed to make an arse of the kind of job he’s just done but I don’t see him leaving that job for us.