The New Raith Rovers Thread

If John McGlynn thinks the football budget needs to be increased, I'd trust his judgement over anyone else at the football club.

He certainly played his part in the Goodwillie situation, but he also took us to Celtic Park twice last season and the owner has been boasting about the new sponsor he lined up. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rovers supporter not a McGlynn supporter, I'll not be following him to Falkirk, but this isn't so much the canary in the mine as the high tech warning system blaring at its maximum level. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest anyone in the senior management at Stark's Park has any idea of what they're doing. Regardless of what else has gone on, we do know that John McGlynn knows what it takes to be (relatively) successful at this level. 

Our new chairman has so far communicated to the support solely via a short message in a programme that was never put on sale, and now he's failed to retain a manager he wanted to keep, when the competition was a team in the division below who've been through a host of well publicised issues. 

Can someone at this football club please show some sort of leadership and outline what the fucking plan is? 

It shouldn’t be, but it must now be one of the toughest gigs in Scottish football. For the new manager. The complete disaster of the last season (cup win aside) and the financial hit means that the new guy will be operating with one hand behind is back from the offset. 

Players out of contract and we are now going to be operating in that for signings - where all the decent ones will be snapped up already. 

Whoever comes in needs to have a cracking contact list. It’ll be needed. 

7 minutes ago, batross07 said:

That's it confirmed then.....

Really worried about our future in the championship next season now! Don't trust the board to get the next appointment right!

Couldn't even summon the guts to state they got a better offer from a team in the league below. 

'Mutual consent' my arse. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Railwaystand said:

It shouldn’t be, but it must now be one of the toughest gigs in Scottish football. For the new manager. The complete disaster of the last season (cup win aside) and the financial hit means that the new guy will be operating with one hand behind is back from the offset. 

Players out of contract and we are now going to be operating in that for signings - where all the decent ones will be snapped up already. 

Whoever comes in needs to have a cracking contact list. It’ll be needed. 

At least the support will be back to “for the love of God just let’s finish 8th” expectation levels…