The New Raith Rovers Thread

Whether or not you think McGlynn is the right manager for the Rovers, the fact that the board haven't been able to keep him from leaving for a club in the division below is absolutely damning. 

We'll get nothing, but yet again we're crying out for transparency here. Why couldn't we compete with Falkirk? Are they offering more than the club think McGlynn is worth? Is it about budgets? 

Some of that might be "commercially sensitive" and what you might want to keep in house, but once again this board haven't earned the right. They're still hugely in deficit after the Goodwillie debacle. They've now lost out on a manager who was in situ. Explanations and plans are required. 

If Raith Rovers cant convince John Mcglynn to stay at the club, then that is an incredibly worrying sign when it comes to who else they could - particularly when he has left to join a club who haven't kept a manager for a whole season in the recent past.

Edited by CALDERON

I'm not hugely fussed for an explanation. If it was taking a big uplift in pay and an extended deal then I'm happy he's away as the last 6 months warranted nothing of the sort.

Get the advert oot and start recruiting. We've not got the worst squad in the world so I refuse to believe we are not an attractive option for someone. Who tho, f**k knows!

Whether or not you think McGlynn is the right manager for the Rovers, the fact that the board haven't been able to keep him from leaving for a club in the division below is absolutely damning. 
We'll get nothing, but yet again we're crying out for transparency here. Why couldn't we compete with Falkirk? Are they offering more than the club think McGlynn is worth? Is it about budgets? 
Some of that might be "commercially sensitive" and what you might want to keep in house, but once again this board haven't earned the right. They're still hugely in deficit after the Goodwillie debacle. They've now lost out on a manager who was in situ. Explanations and plans are required. 
Totally agree. We might disagree on whether McGlynn should stay or not but what is now unfolding is absolutely shambolic.

I do think there are some good options out there that would take us forward but I have zero faith in our board to make the right call.

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Funnily enough what I've heard is it's nowt to do with McGlynn's salary but a disagreement over the playing budget which has taken a hit for next season. 

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Totally agree. We might disagree on whether McGlynn should stay or not but what is now unfolding is absolutely shambolic.

I do think there are some good options out there that would take us forward but I have zero faith in our board to make the right call.

Who are those good options, not sure I see many tbh 

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Get the advert oot and start recruiting. We've not got the worst squad in the world so I refuse to believe we are not an attractive option for someone. Who tho, f**k knows!

Yes, we have to move on. There was certainly good arguments for not renewing his contract to begin with. I just wish now that we’d gone down that route, announced it pre-Killie and he could have had an amicable send off and we could have the new man in the door already.

23 hours ago, Michael W said:

Oh dear, another John Sim interview/statement imminent ti explain this. 

'McGlynn left cause we couldny play our star striker, who is a nice fella, an its all everyone else's fault.  Ma baw, and if you aren't happy, bugger off and watch one of the other 41 teams'.
Probably about sums it up if he does make an announcement.  ;)

Whoever the PR person is at San Starko needs to ensure a microphone is never in front of Sims face again.
Club needs to move on from the PR disasters, and won't while he still gets a voice.  Unfortunately, money talks.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems mcglynn was right royally pissed off with the way the bod expressed his involvement in the whole goodwillie saga and that's why he wants out. The boy sim is some piece of work. He and Gary deans would make some pairing.

Although I believe its not the case hecould have done what the volunteers did then,walk away or say his piece at the time 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Funnily enough what I've heard is it's nowt to do with McGlynn's salary but a disagreement over the playing budget which has taken a hit for next season. 

I've not heard anything but that seems more likely to me. John McGlynn doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd leave just to get an extra few quid in his pocket. I think, fundamentally, he's a "football guy". I think he's much more likely to have his nose put out of joint by his budget being cut, or on the flipside, be tempted by a higher budget elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So he’s upset about something that he partly caused himself by recommending Goodwillie.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Yeah well, we all know the reason for that, and McGlynn had his part to play in that as well. I think it's a bit rich of him to walk over that.

I think the issue is likely to be playing budget for next season. Ironic given that the amount he spaffed on Keatings and Goodwillie are probably major factors in a tighter budget.

I've no doubt he'll do a job at Falkirk but I'm not sure throwing cash at him is the route to success. He is known to sign some shite.

No our problem any more though. Everything crossed we can get lucky replacing him.

I thought McGlynn should go, so notionally I shouldn't be fussed about this. But I am. 

Once again, the club has shown it is unable to exercise proper control over events. They wanted to keep McGlynn, clearly, but have left it too late and left themselves wide open to this sort of thing. Yesterday we ended up on the backfoot and the predictable consequences have come to pass. 

Absolutely useless. Again. 

As others have said any problems with playing budget was caused by Mcglynn partly.  He asked for the chance to put it right and decides to leave.  Good riddance.  Only issue we have is the people tasked to replace him are idiots and with our budget being small best we can hope for next season is staying up