The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we can't hold onto McGlynn, I'd be surprised if we can tempt Murray. 

If you can’t hold onto McGlynn, it’s due to the situation of his contract running out and Falkirk offering him something.

Don’t think Murray would touch Falkirk as he will see it as a sideways move and a bit of a risk. However if Airdrie don’t get promoted, he’ll see Raith as an upgrade on what he has now.

Murray has done well to build his reputation back up. McGlynn has less to lose.

If the McPake rumours are true then I’d love to know the rationale behind it. Has he been interviewed? If so then surely others have been also? 

We can’t just have interviewed McPake. It’s not like he is an absolute stand out with his management history to make him our only target. 

I know I’m basing this on the board having a level of common sense and having a lessons learned mentality….but even so….

10 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

If McGlynn does leave then McPake might well come into the equation, but there's no way he's been "lined up" to any degree at this stage. 

Owners/boards and managers talk. There may have been a point in McGlynn’s bad run where somebody or other was sounded out. If there was any truth to the rumour that’s the only scenario I could conceive.

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Owners/boards and managers talk. There may have been a point in McGlynn’s run where somebody or other was sounded out. If there was any truth to the rumour that’s the only scenario I could conceive.

I have heard we did sound out a few candidates , just rumours of brown, Naismith and bizarrely czaba lazlo , not sure if there is an ounce of truth in them

Edited by Been going too long

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Given the squad/budget he had it was pretty underwhelming to say the least, anyway dick is an auld boy now and needs to be nearer his care home not travelling up to Arbroath 3 times a week so he will be coming to us now thanks very much 😜

haha, ill craic the jokes. Dick is going nowhere

More annoyed about Spencer leaving than McGlynn, I must say.

However, let there be no doubt that the way the board have handled this has been grossly incompetent. I feel with these clowns in charge we'll be doomed whoever our next manager is.