The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Apart from Ludo mentioning it once, where else is the McPake stuff coming from? He mentioned McPake to Falkirk on our thread too but for obvious reasons hasn’t caught fire like it has on here.

There hasn’t been a mention of him other than that. 

Just now, Trump said:

Apart from Ludo mentioning it once, where else is the McPake stuff coming from? He mentioned McPake to Falkirk on our thread too but for obvious reasons hasn’t caught fire like it has on here.

@spot on who is usually one of the #ITK posters as far as I am aware and posted yesterday that McPake was lined up as a replacement. That’s certainly why I’m fearful there might be some substance to it.

If they could come back and say they were at the wind up, it would make me feel a whole lot better.

16 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I think the panic from the fans is a sign of how little we trust the board to get the replacement right more than anything else.

That's my worry and to be honest if we did somehow decide McPake was the man to be appointed as our new manager you can just see how they'd spin it "well McPake lead Dundee to the Premier League"....aye with a significantly bigger budget than us. Clearly the thought of McGlynn leaving has caught the board out, their own fault for dilly dallying and they're very misguided if they chose to delay things on the basis they felt McGlynn was a Rovers man and he's sign a new deal with no questions asked. Now it's panic stations by either convincing him to stay, with what I'd assume is by looking to offer him a bigger salery, or failing that frantically trying to find a new manager who can come in, get accustomed to things and who's already signed up, and recruit new players asap. 

It’s clear that whatever happens now it’s not going to look great. I’d hoped that when the season ended it could have been a fresh start. How naive was i. 

For what it’s worth, if he goes then I’d be trying to get Kevin Thomson in as the new man 

4 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

It’s clear that whatever happens now it’s not going to look great. I’d hoped that when the season ended it could have been a fresh start. How naive was i. 

For what it’s worth, if he goes then I’d be trying to get Kevin Thomson in as the new man 

Imo if he does go should be looking at Murray at Airdrie ( play off depending)

40 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

However, losing McGlynn doesn’t have to be a disaster. I think the panic from the fans is a sign of how little we trust the board to get the replacement right more than anything else. Ultimately, if Falkirk are throwing a lot of money at him along with a long term contract, we can’t and shouldn’t be doing that for a manager who has performed the way McGlynn has since January (form and the involvement in that signing). I would have been happy to see him continue on the same terms but his performance in recent months doesn’t justify breaking the bank for him.

My concern is that Falkirk have known for a lot longer than we have that they need a new manager, and they're shopping in the exact same market we are. If they've decided that the best option out there is our existing manager (and on the available evidence I have to agree) that really doesn't bode well for us going forward. 

9 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

I don't think Thomson has really shown anything special at Kelty. He won the league at a canter but had a budget way in excess of the rest of the league. His delivery is really in line with what everyone expected. 

Not that this automatically means he isn't a good manager or anything like that, but he certainly won't get what he has at Kelty at Raith. 

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

That's my worry and to be honest if we did somehow decide McPake was the man to be appointed as our new manager you can just see how they'd spin it "well McPake lead Dundee to the Premier League"....aye with a significantly bigger budget than us. Clearly the thought of McGlynn leaving has caught the board out, their own fault for dilly dallying and they're very misguided if they chose to delay things on the basis they felt McGlynn was a Rovers man and he's sign a new deal with no questions asked. Now it's panic stations by either convincing him to stay, with what I'd assume is by looking to offer him a bigger salery, or failing that frantically trying to find a new manager who can come in, get accustomed to things and who's already signed up, and recruit new players asap. 

They really turned it around in January that season, having brought in a number of new players. Again, something that won't be possible with us. As you say, they were languishing a bit despite the bigger budget as well. 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Didn’t McGlynn say at the POTY awards that if a contract was there or comes up as he told a few people he would sign it? 

bit bizarre if it’s there on the table and he doesn’t sign it 

If you then get offered a massively improved contract and playing budget closer to your house, that would make you think twice. 

17 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not sure what to make if all this, but if hes gone, hes gone not hellish much we can do about it, whats gone on in the background will have had a bearing on the decisions of both parties in this, 

The next week will be crucial in the future of the club, the board must know that, I hope to god if a successor is required they dont take the cheap option, and certainly not pick Mcpake or any of the other usual numpties 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Where has the McPake rumour come from? Given our board didn't have enough foresight to offer a manager who they wanted to stay a new deal early enough do we really think that they have some sort of target already.

Plucked out if thin air probably 

Its a complete farce from the board once again.  All the hard work from the last 4 years is unraveling.  I don't trust them to get it right and it sounds as if our budget is going to be very tight for next season so being able to attract a decent manager is going to be a struggle.  We will end up with a crap appointment like David Hopkin, Jim Duffy or McPake.  

There is options out there and I hope we go for someone like Ian Murray or experience like Tommy Wright.  Should never have come to this though.

My concern is that Falkirk have known for a lot longer than we have that they need a new manager, and they're shopping in the exact same market we are. If they've decided that the best option out there is our existing manager (and on the available evidence I have to agree) that really doesn't bode well for us going forward. 

Think had McGlynn not been out of contract, we would be holding out for Ian Murray not getting Airdrie promoted and going for him. You ask Falkirk fans who they’d prefer and you’d probably get a fairly even split, perhaps slightly more favouring McGlynn. Murray wouldn’t be a bad option at all and there’s been similarities between how he’s built this current Airdrie team and McGlynns second spell at the Rovers.

36 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Its a complete farce from the board once again.  All the hard work from the last 4 years is unraveling.  I don't trust them to get it right and it sounds as if our budget is going to be very tight for next season so being able to attract a decent manager is going to be a struggle.  We will end up with a crap appointment like David Hopkin, Jim Duffy or McPake.  

There is options out there and I hope we go for someone like Ian Murray or experience like Tommy Wright.  Should never have come to this though.

Surely not!

Dear Leader assured us during his interview with Alan Temple that concerns about the impact of Goodwillie on our finances were "fake news".