The New Raith Rovers Thread

47 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Wait! do you support Raith Rovers or John McGlynn?
He’s been offered a new contract so if he leaves it’s because he’s choosing to do so but you’re going to stop supporting your team if he goes.  I agree our board are a total circus with zero credibility left but it’s Raith I support, not John Sim or the BOD or John McGlynn or even any of the players.  I’ll still be supporting Raith long after they’ve all gone.  As for McGlynn leaving causing a bigger stooshie than Goodwillie signing…..behave.  I don’t see dozens of volunteers walking away because McGlynn accepts a better offer.  There would be mild discontent at worst, we’d appoint a new manager and move on.  

Very much this, well said 👏

McPake will run through brick walls for the club he's employed by. Will really do his research on the club and become a fan. He's got good contacts and is a really nice guy. He's also meant to be a phenomenal man manager and he was the first point of contact for the likes of Kane Hemmings when he was suffering depression and was always good at that side of things.

That's where the positives end.

Note how none of the positives have anything to do with winning football games or anything tactical.

His substitutions WITHOUT FAIL usually cost us points.

This is like when we got told Craig Wighton was like Ryan Gauld playing pretty much a bit further forward. Or how Barry Smith would be a good appointment for us. 

James McPake is an absolute pish manager who scraped into second place ahead of us last season in spite of having a far higher budget. The scouting criteria was effectively "Have you won the Championship in the past? You'll do then". He wouldn't get that liberty with us. We'd be looking for a new manager by January and probably be as well putting up a neon sign saying "My name is John Sim - I don't give a f**k about the football side of things, all I care about is stadium management". 

Seriously some folk need to calm down. Going absolutely mental cause McGlynn is leaving when he will have chosen to do so.

I highly doubt McGlynn has been offered less terms than he was on and therefore if he's chosen to leave us and go to them then why aren't folk questioning him.

If the messiah eats, breathes and skirts Raith Rovers then being offered slightly more money shouldn't come down to it.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

McPake is a better manager than McGlynn. He showed that in the play off games. 

You'd be mad to turn him down. 

Aye, like he had the fuckoff money from the Premier league to splash  on  the likes of Cummings and Charlie Adam.

38 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Seriously some folk need to calm down. Going absolutely mental cause McGlynn is leaving when he will have chosen to do so.

I highly doubt McGlynn has been offered less terms than he was on and therefore if he's chosen to leave us and go to them then why aren't folk questioning him.

If the messiah eats, breathes and skirts Raith Rovers then being offered slightly more money shouldn't come down to it.

We get it, mate. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We get it, mate. 

It’s amusing to see the McGlynn haters out in force again. They’ll have been biding their time since he returned. Every cloud has a silver lining.