The New Raith Rovers Thread

What I hope this does is, if he does go, put an end the nonsense that a manager "bleeds" for any club. Unless you are a lifelong fan who played for a club for years then a formal manager is just like any other job role.

McGlynn here has been offered more money and clearly sees Falkirk as a better opportunity for him to end his management career. Who can really blame him. Even at our best of times we can barely muster 2000 fans yet Falkirk can get double that in League 1.

As for who could replace him I honestly don't think it'll be Berra. He already spoke about how much he liked being about to play this season and I'm not sure if he'd go for a player manager role. Maybe a player assistant role though.

Laurie Ellis would be the completely wrong option and based on nothing but him being another "Rovers Man" despite him leaving us before to join McKinnon at Dundee United. James McPake would be a horrendous appointment.

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

What I hope this does is, if he does go, put an end the nonsense that a manager "bleeds" for any club. Unless you are a lifelong fan who played for a club for years then a formal manager is just like any other job role.

McGlynn here has been offered more money and clearly sees Falkirk as a better opportunity for him to end his management career. Who can really blame him. Even at our best of times we can barely muster 2000 fans yet Falkirk can get double that in League 1.

As for who could replace him I honestly don't think it'll be Berra. He already spoke about how much he liked being about to play this season and I'm not sure if he'd go for a player manager role. Maybe a player assistant role though.

Laurie Ellis would be the completely wrong option and based on nothing but him being another "Rovers Man" despite him leaving us before to join McKinnon at Dundee United. James McPake would be a horrendous appointment.

So who then🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is everyone having amnesia regarding our form this year ?

Harsh reality is, as long as the new guy can win at home this year, it will be an improvement.

McGlynn has got us finishing 3rd and 5th in the Championship. Unless the next guy has us 5th or higher he’s a downgrade.

42 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

IF....IF McGlynn goes the BoD will have an even bigger stooshie on their hands than with the Goodwillie panto!!

I for one have very little faith in the BoD. not simply because of JMcG but the way they have ""conducted"

themselves in recent yea5rs. If McGlynn goes I will not be back at Starks.

It really says it all when a manager who has great affection for our club cannot be retained.

This Board seems to LURCH from one crisis to anorher and...they have little credibility left!!

Wait! do you support Raith Rovers or John McGlynn?
He’s been offered a new contract so if he leaves it’s because he’s choosing to do so but you’re going to stop supporting your team if he goes.  I agree our board are a total circus with zero credibility left but it’s Raith I support, not John Sim or the BOD or John McGlynn or even any of the players.  I’ll still be supporting Raith long after they’ve all gone.  As for McGlynn leaving causing a bigger stooshie than Goodwillie signing…..behave.  I don’t see dozens of volunteers walking away because McGlynn accepts a better offer.  There would be mild discontent at worst, we’d appoint a new manager and move on.  

I’ll be gutted if he goes but we only have ourselves to blame if he does. Allowing his contract to run down to the final week before offering him anything is a terrible way of doing business. That coupled with the fact that he was the only one who was sent out to speak to the media after the Goodwillie fiasco.

All in all a truly appalling way to treat someone who’s done so much good for the club.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Do you really expect him to respond to rumours through the club socials?

No but headline articles in national newspapers maybe when there has been quotes from club officials ie the manager himself 

Lets be totaly honest though, any other manager would've been chopped a long time ago on the back if that bad run and not forgetting chucking leads away prior to that, so if he wants to leave , it might just be for the best, only time will tell

16 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'd be more disappointed if we had given him a huge pay rise and a 3 year deal tbh.

Yeah the board have really backed themselves into a corner here by dragging their heels on a decision about what to do with McGlynn. They either lose a popular manager to a league below which looks horrendous for the clubs ambition and will upset a lot of fans.

Or they give a decent wage increase and long term contract to a manager who has won 3 league games out of the last 19 and hasn’t won a home game since December. If that form continues for the first few months of next season and they have to sack him that contract will also look like a terrible decision.

Hard for them to come out of this looking competent tbh.